The secret to Chinese industrial dominance

I was at harbor Freight buying a pressure washer and started browsing since it wasn't the store I normally go to. Wandering through the aisles I was stopped in my tracks by the single most amazing technological advancement since...maybe the water wheel.

It explains so much about how Americans just don't understand how to truly innovate anymore.

get this...

LASER GUIDED SCISSORS!!!!!!!

I almost bought a pair just to be able to run up to total strangers ranting about...

LASER GUIDED SCISSORS!!!!!!!

And at $10 each, every 3 world seamstress could be armed with one. We are so doomed.

Weirdly they aren't on the website.

Ahh Thinkgeek.com has them

Ernie Leimkuhler

Wow!

Now one can cut something off three times and it'll still be too short

-- but it'll be straight down the wrong cut! Maybe.

Now you know better than to run with scissors, Ernie! Dincher Momma teach ya nuttin'? That laser'll shoot yer eye out!

Reply to
John Husvar

I've seen those, but don't have much use for them. I'll stick to their wonderful digital calipers and now digital micrometer and a few other odds and ends that are exceptional values.

Reply to
Pete C.

Never heard "Death by Scissors" ? Laser sight for throwing Scissors or Stabbing .... :-)

Got to love it. Just see the middle management flunky goes to the BOSS and begs to have an item. BOSS has xxxxxxxxx left over from Christmas presents that never made the line... Convert debt into Miami Beach!

Mart> I was at harbor Freight buying a pressure washer and started browsing

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn