The youth of today!!!

Winston wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

You're overlooking the 3300+ Watts of the "110A@30V" welder running 8 hrs/day.

1 day's welding would require 26.4 KWH minimum which would be hopelessly beyond the capability of the charging unit to replace. In fact, you'd be limited to about 1 day of welding/month even if the charging unit was totally dedicated to this purpose.

Of course, you COULD put in your own "wind farm" of 30+ wind chargers.

Reply to
RAM³

(...)

8 hours of bead is a *lot* of bead. Does our weldor spend any time jigging or are we running an entire welding shop off of alternative energy?

The professional shop I visit has four guys working. Occasionally you will hear actual welding but mostly its moving material around, laying out, jigging, cutting and some grinding.

I agree a welding shop would pose a bigger load to alternative energy than would just residential 'hobby' use.

Relying on just one energy source is foolish. We don't even do that now. Even current homes use multiple sources: passive solar, electricity, natural gas. Some use heating oil, some use wood in various forms.

We need to be smarter about energy because we can use petrodollars for much better things here at home and we can use oil for much better things than just electricity generation.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hey Pete, I'm hearing Crickets here....

Surely you have a few non-racist examples...

C'mon, I'm just dying to hear about this.

Remember, THIS is what we are talking about:

You wrote.... What we need to *do* about it, is to get over the idea, entirely unsupported by science and the evolution of every other mammal on the planet, that humans are all alike and all have the same capacity for civilization, rational thought and non violence.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton