Thermal Arc 185TSW Torch Switch Amphenol connector question

Hi All:

I know that in Winnipeg, Harold was putting one of these together. I intend to do that as well, but am having some difficulty figuring out the part numbers. I would like to know part numbers for the amphenol connector, strain relief, and button as well as sources for these parts. The big thing for me is the amphenol....I can likely sort out the rest. Thanks.

Jerry

Reply to
bc12_rider

Hi Jerry,

I was going to post the results of my tests but got caught up in bathroom renovations before I could do them. I did receive the connector however. The connector is actually an AMP brand and not Amphenol which is probably why you got stuck. I ordered from

Amp connectors are sold in bits and pieces and you have to create the connector that you need. Here is a copy of my order with explanations added .

MERCHANDISE:

STOCK NUMBER ORDERED AVAILABILITY PRICE Ext. Price ======================================================================

571-2064341 1 1 Ships Immediately 3.840 3.840

of the connector. Note that it is the reverse sex version and is shown in figure C in the top left corner of the page.

571-665703 4 4 Ships Immediately 0.240 0.960

Also from page 882. These are the pins that go into the connector. I ordered the solder on type that can take up to 18 ga wire because I don't have the special crimping tool and I am not sure what gauge of wire I have in my wire collection. I ordered two extras to replace the ones that I will drop and be unable to find.

571-2060621 1 1 Ships Immediately 2.680 2.680

the back of the plug. The one that comes with the stock foot pedal can take wire up to .5" in diameter. I chose to get one size smaller which can take up to .375" wire since I only need 2 conductors.

571-910672 1 1 Ships Immediately 5.300 5.300

the connector. It is the cheapest that they have but it only has to last for 2 pins.

Merchandise Amount: 12.780 Shipping: To Be Determined =================================================================

Hope this helps, Harold

bc12 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
harold.kroeker

Thanks again for your help Harold. Much appreciated.

Jerry

Reply to
bc12_rider

Mouser will ship by USPS (mail) to Canada if you ask. You pay low customs fees that way.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to