CyberTig Amphenol adapter

I bought a Hobart footpedal that has the same pin layout as my cybertig's socket.

The problem is that they are both male. I am afraid that trying to connect male plug to male receptacle may fatally infect my TIG welder with CyberAIDS.

Does Amphenol make a female to female plug that would go between the plug and socket? What would be its official name?

I think that I have Amphenol 97-3106A-18-19S.

Ignoramus3242

I'm not aware of a adapter. My welder has a female plug on the drawer and male on the foot pedal which seems to be standard in the industry. Interesting that your drawer has a male plug on it. I don't suppose that there's another female plug there that might work (IIRC your welder has more than one plug).

It's probably easier to just change the plug on the foot pedal. If it was me I'd just use the plug off your pendant control since the foot pedal will be much more useful than the pendant. If you still want to use the pendant later you could then order a new plug for it.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

"Ignoramus3242" wrote in message news:_GV7f.17199$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.usenetserver.com... | I bought a Hobart footpedal that has the same pin layout as my | cybertig's socket. | | The problem is that they are both male. I am afraid that trying to | connect male plug to male receptacle may fatally infect my TIG welder | with CyberAIDS. | | Does Amphenol make a female to female plug that would go between the | plug and socket? What would be its official name? | | I think that I have Amphenol 97-3106A-18-19S. | | i

A quick web search informs me that the connectors are still available. Newark is the biggest and the best for this type of thing. The connectors that mate with this one are many, depending on how you would like to hook up the wires and what kind of environment it will be seeing duty in.

is the best place to go where they have great online data. Start here,
?catalog=12-022 but focus on what you want specifically and don't get overwhelmed. When it comes to connectors, the variations are mind-boggling, and the part numbers contain a lot of information to those merely familiar with them. Start putting a part number together, then do a web search for that part number. If you want an adapter, you'll have to whip up one yourself from off the shelf components. I recommend purchasing a backshell if not already equipped, it keeps the wire from breaking inside the connector from minor strain, which there will be plenty of. Oh, and stick with solder connectors, everything else is heavy on special tooling for the contacts.

Reply to
carl mciver

Another place you can try is Connector World in Seattle. They are reasonable for military type connectors. IIRC they have a web site.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

That is most likely a 10 pin. One that Ive not been able to find anywhere surplus. Its an odd pin configuration.

Gunner

Gunner

I just checked and yes mine's a 10 pin. My welder came with a MIG adapter of some form (never did really check it out much since it wasn't complete). I robbed the connector off of it and used it to make my dummy plug till I did the switch modification. I also got lucky and bought the foot pedal for it from another guy at the auction. It was in a lot of welding leads that he bought before they sold the welder.

My Miller has two plugs on it. One is a small 5 or 6 pin amphenol that the older Miller controls plug into. The other is a much bigger

20 or so pin amphenol that the newer stuff plugs into.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Thanks. That's what I am going to try. I rather like the pendant and would rather not ruin it.

Ignoramus6607

This connector is widely available at electronics dealers, like Newark or Digikey.

Reply to
Ignoramus6607