tig brass?

I have a sycrowave 250DX with pulse that is mostly used for 1/8 wall
aluminum.Have a little side job that requires attaching a 1/2x1/2x1/8 cap on
the end of a 1/2x1/2 channel, Can this be tigged and do I need flux? I have
some brass filler rods but cant seem to get a clean weld!
Have 7yrs exp.with aluminum but this is a first with brass
Thanks for any help
Reply to
Racer-X
No flux needed. Use Silicon Bronze filler rod. Make sure it is not gas brazing rod. Bevel your edges, and flow the new metal into the v-grooves.
You will get some outgassing of zinc, but not much. Use 1/2 the amps you were using on aluminum for a similar thickness of metal.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler