Torch/regulator storage

Should the screws on regulators be removed for storage (several months)? Thanks

Reply to
Battleax

Just back them out so there is no pressure on the spring. This should be done between uses as well.

Reply to
RJ

Not unless the box they'll be stored in will be banged around. Any time a regulator is shipped or will be confined in some box or space in which it will be subject to bouncing around, the screw should be removed.

For storage, I recommend covering the threads if possible. The B sized threads are easily covered using nuts scrounged from old lengths of welding hose. The cylinder mounting threads are harder, for those I use the stretch plastic tube netting.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Thanks guys.