Transmission Cases

I'm looking into buying a bigger MIG machine and possibly getting a spool gun with it. Would the spool gun be good for filling in holes in aluminum transmission cases? I've been doing this with my TIG machine on occasion and it's a major pain, using a MIG makes a bit more sense for this job. I've used a spool gun for a total of 5 minutes in the past and jsut want see if would be worth the added expense. Thanks. ron

Reply to
Ron Shearer

It would work, but you should go for 4047 wire. It is much better for castings than 4043.

You still have to follow the rules of clean, grind, preheat, weld, slow cool.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Rod: Ok.

Rod: Yes, it will fit in there. This is a strange variation of the violin case though.

Rod: I see, why?

Rod: 5 minutes?!?!?!? Who were you trying to kill? KING KONG?

Rod Ryker... It is reasoning and faith that bind truth.

Reply to
Rod Ryker