Treatise on welding distortion

Can anyone recommend to me a text book or reference that focuses on welding distortion and estimating and dealing with welding distortion?

Thanks.

Reply to
Alan Andrews

Rod: It's best to describe your situation here and let us offer our suggestions. Some will work, some will not. This will be true with a text reference also wrt different situations.

TELL US EVERY DETAIL! :):):)

Rod Ryker... It is reasoning and faith that bind truth.

Reply to
Rod Ryker

The two best written sources I have found are in any of Blodgett's books. Design of Welded Structures and Design of Weldments are available from the Lincoln Foundation at dirt cheap prices. There is a good chapter on the subject. A very practical booklet I scored years ago is Control of Distortion in Welded Fabrications put out by the Brits. It is published by The Welding Institute and likely is available through the Edison Welding Institute in the U.S.A. Estimating and dealing with it is an interesting experience. I am hoping in the future to put up my website again ...somewhere in the future. Just when you figure you have it all figured out ... Well you know the story. Randy

Thanks.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Yes, go here:

There is quite a bit of info available on the Navy Joining site. It is, as you'd expect, mainly oriented towards shipbuilding, but the basic principals apply to anything.

Omer Blodgett's books are available here:

You'll find more info here, too, but you will have to dig for it.

-G.

Reply to
FakeName

That's a good one (EWI) on panel distortion. I've printed it out for beside reading :') Thanks Randy

Yes, go here:

There is quite a bit of info available on the Navy Joining site. It is, as you'd expect, mainly oriented towards shipbuilding, but the basic principals apply to anything.

Omer Blodgett's books are available here:

You'll find more info here, too, but you will have to dig for it.

-G.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

The Blodgett book (Design of welded structures) is very good, but I'm going to have the pick the Procedure Handbook as my Lincoln Foundation book for distortion matters. Also, it is much more recently updated.

Reply to
Rich Jones