value of millermatic 130xp?

A fellow newbie welder is considering buying this:

Could anyone comment on the value of the entire package?
$425 seems high, given that a new millermatic 135 + cart can be had on ebay
for $600, and a 40cf cylinder goes for $90. Am I missing something?
Thanks
-Tom
Reply to
TT
I'm not sure how your market is; but I was looking to sell my Challenger 172, two years old or so, with a 80 cf bottle nearly full of C25 for $475, no cart, but some extras. B.G. in Iowa
Reply to
MachineShop
Assuming that is a 230V machine? 170 amp? So I'm thinking $275 - $300 would be a more realistic offer for the welder in question
. Since a new Millermatic 135 + cart & bottle can be had on ebay for $700.
-Tom
Reply to
TT
Worth about $350 tops. $300 is more like it.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
Sounds like a pretty high spread between what the guy paid for it and a more reasonable street price for a new unit. That doesn't usually make for a pleasant conversation over price when you get to the owner he grossly overpaid for it. :(
TT wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
Thanks guys, $300 is what I was guessing, Ernie.
The guy obviously overpaid or is lying to justify his selling price.
Will pass this along to my buddy.
-Tom
Reply to
TT