Water cooled TIG torch without water?

I have a 20-25 tig torch. I wanted to do some tig welding this weekend, but, unfortunately, the water connectors have not
arrived. Can I try to tig weld small things at some low amperage?
what would be a safe amperage to try, if it is possible?
thanks

You won't hurt anything, it will take light work no problem, just don't get nuts. Once the body gets hot it will need a little longer to cool off. Compressed air through it will also have a cooling effect if you have a compressor to push some air through it the torch will run cooler longer.
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

I ran our TIG torch inverter at 30-50 amps. for thin Plates w/out overheating the air cooled torch. Yes, Rob is right you can use compressed air through the port of the water connection and just let it flow out.
Austri (Philippines)
RDF wrote:

I inadvertently tried this when I forgot to turn the water cooler pump on. The power lead to the torch runs through the water in hose so the water cools the cable and lets a smaller wire be used. The net of this is the power lead melted through the water cable and I had to replace this rather expensive part. I would wait for the water connectors unless you want to spend another week waiting for part to repair your torch.