What do you want in a welding book?

It really looks like Ernie would have to write a series of books to cover everything that has been mentioned.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, except for Ernie's having to write down, video, etc, all his encyclopedic knowledge of processes common and esoteric.)

I'd hope there'd be enough of a market that it could sell well enough to at least cover costs. I'd buy it for sure.

Reply to
John Husvar

Hi Ernie, I've read most of the replies to your question and have narrowed it down to two choices.

  1. Write the welding bible, about 100 years of welding information at your fingertips, every process new and old. You will need a team of researchers and a huge budget.
  2. Write a book that "could" replace the instructor in an 80 hour course. Some theory but mostly practical. Start with safety and cover the basics of O/A, SMAW, MIG and TIG. Most new weldors need to know how and why. This might be easier done with video.

Just my 2 Canadian cents worth. JD

Reply to
John D