wire spool wind direction

I have a Lincoln 175 MIG. Why are some of the wire spools you get from
Lincoln wound in either direction.
Some spools, the label faces inside the machine and others the lavel
faces outside you can actually read what wire you have.
The problem that I have is that the ESAB 6KG spool I just bought, only
fits right when the wire feeds off the spool at the top of the spool
rather than the bottom. Looks like I need to cut away some of the
plastic hub on the ESAB spool so that the 2 inch adapter will clip on
the spool properly....this is wierd...am I missing something??
Steve L.
Reply to
Steve
Does the ESAB install spools on the other side of the machine ?
Then the label would be correct for them.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Steve wrote:
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn