wire spool wind direction

I have a Lincoln 175 MIG. Why are some of the wire spools you get from Lincoln wound in either direction. Some spools, the label faces inside the machine and others the lavel faces outside you can actually read what wire you have.

The problem that I have is that the ESAB 6KG spool I just bought, only fits right when the wire feeds off the spool at the top of the spool rather than the bottom. Looks like I need to cut away some of the plastic hub on the ESAB spool so that the 2 inch adapter will clip on the spool properly....this is wierd...am I missing something??

Steve L.

Reply to
Steve

Does the ESAB install spools on the other side of the machine ?

Then the label would be correct for them.

Mart> I have a Lincoln 175 MIG. Why are some of the wire spools you get from

Martin H. Eastburn