Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Am I missing something???
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/fud/2199109216.html
11
11

TIG newby trying to join two thin pieces of aluminum
I've got some heatsinks that are .050" thick. The heatsink fins are about .200" long and .050 thick, but the flat oppsite sides are where I'm welding on. I can lay down decent beads on a single piece....
8
8

Tombstone tig ????
I haven't been to a TIG scholl (yet) so I am unaware if I can weld TIG with my Lincoln tombstone AC/DC welder. It is my opinion if I had the Hi Freq unit for it and the gas control I should be able...
16
16

Auger question
We have a 2' diameter earth auger that is over 7' long, about half of the length is auger flighting and the other half is shaft. It is a left over from a utility pole digging truck that no longer...

Drying E7018 and hardfacing welding rod
I have a box of 3/32 E7018 welding rod that spent a while without being kept in a dryrod oven. Also a bunch of Stoody 21 hardfacing rod. I am doing an experiment, I took a few of each kind of rods and...
21
21

WARNING: METAL CONTENT
Did you know that building a revolving house it is comparable in cost to building a conventional house?
5
5

Short John Silver
--Just posted first batch of photos of a mutant vehicle build we started back in '05. A bit of welding, a bit of machining, etc. Enjoy. Building my first mutant vehicle for Burning Man

Aluminum TIG weld cracking
This is the bottom haul of a boat, have cleaned the area, using 4043 filler and an Aerowave machine at 55% electrode positive, shielding gas is argon. Cracking along the edge of the weld, length wise....
4
4

Weld Flaws Found on Gas Pipe in Blast
Flaws Found on Gas Pipe in Blast By MATTHEW L. WALD Published: January 21, 2011 WASHINGTON ? The natural gas pipe that burst in San Bruno, Calif., on Sept. 9, killing nine people and destroying nearly...
4
4

Aid fixing a Miller XMT 304 CC/CV
Did you try connecting the red and black leads to 220 and the white to neutral ?
5
5

NexGen EQC Question
I got two CR2450 3v. batteries in my NexGen. They are down to 2.85 v. Is that enough to run it? My helmet won't come on, and I was wondering if it was the batteries, or something else. I'll get a...
9
9

calculate wire consumption
Greetings, In GMAW process, is there any free software to calculate wire consumption in fillet and butt weld? SALAM
3
3

Can one breathe industrial oxygen
can industrial welding oxygen be used to breathe. Long term effects are of no importance whatsoever.
67
67

Worst jobs...
--Hmmm welding didn't do so well, coming in below garbage collector and drill press operator: --Still and all I loooove welding! :-)
5
5

How much is a 240cf inert gas tank worth
It's worth what you can get someone to pay for it :) As you know, larger cylinders can be a pain in the butt for ownership and refilling. Whether the potential customer has a good relationship with...
55
55