Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

craftsman 35-230
Hi, Just picked up a craftsman welder model 35-230 i plan to use on a truck frame repair. The welder came without a lead cable.......anyone out there that can identify the correct lead connector for...
2
2

Get the Best Welder Rental Services - Red-D-Arc Welderentals
Red-D-Arc is the largest provider of welding machine rental and welder rental products and services in North America, with over 60,000 units in our fleet. Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of...
1
1

Welding table,checker plate.
Would I make the working surface flat or use the checker side as the table surface?
4
4

v-up E7018 150A 4mm / 5/32nd" rods
Lincoln Foundation's "Welding Procedure Handbook" has 5/32nd (4mm) 7018 at 150A for T-fillet|vertical-up|Code-quality|fair-weldability. Taught v-up T-fillet at college with around 85A and smaller rods...

Airco 300 squarewave welder. Need manual
Looks similiar to syncrowave 300

Acetylene B Tank adapter to Mapp Gas Canister???
I was looking to purchase a guys turbo torch. It comes with the quick change handle, a small tip, regulator and hose. The regulator attaches to a Acetylene B tank. The B tanks are expensive and I only...
2
2

oxy-propane pressures & conditions
I've recently had a "perfect" job to refine my oxy-propane cutting conditions. "Goldilocks" ("just right") challenge. I was doing paper engineering during the transition from oxy-acetylene to...
10
10

return lead 2 clamps structure and item?
Hello all Yup it's pouring with rain and there's an emergency welding job which has to be done... Does it help to have a return lead with two clamps - one attached securely to the structure (in this...
12
12

Diffuse heat from an arc welder?
Is there a practical way to use an arc welder for the sort of heating traditionally done with a gas torch? Long ago there was an "atomic hydrogen torch" which consisted of an arc with hydrogen blowing...
14
14

6010 SMAW scaffold tube railings
What conditions (rod size, Amps, etc.) and techniques would you use to weld scaffold tube to make railings? Standard scaffold tube - 48.3mm OD, wall thickness about 4mm, galvanised (I think that's 1.5...
4
4

Cold Weld ???
I made a pin puller yesterday as a project with my dad when he and my mom stopped over yesterday for Thanksgiving. Basically I welded a 5/8 mild steel rod to a pair of locking pliers (Great Neck, not...

Ranger 8 low welding amp in DC positive and none in DC negative
was welding and current dies ---selector was bad ---changed it ---now I get low amp not enough to weld and nothing in DC negative
1
1

Lincoln Ranger stop welding
I raised the amps from 130 to 145 during this is process the welder complained little spark no we disconnected the lines to see what the problem could be to the principals point of no spark at all the...

Lincoln Ranger stop welding
I raised the amps from 130 to 145 during this is process the welder complained little spark no we disconnected the lines to see what the problem could be to the principals point of no spark at all the...
1
1

tube size slides over scaffold tube
Hello Is there a standard tube size which can readily be ordered which fits accurately over a scaffold tube (here in UK - 48.3mm outside diameter)? The thought is to use scaffold tube offcuts to make...
1
1