Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Acetylene B Tank adapter to Mapp Gas Canister???
I was looking to purchase a guys turbo torch. It comes with the quick change handle, a small tip, regulator and hose. The regulator attaches to a Acetylene B tank. The B tanks are expensive and I only...
2
2

oxy-propane pressures & conditions
I've recently had a "perfect" job to refine my oxy-propane cutting conditions. "Goldilocks" ("just right") challenge. I was doing paper engineering during the transition from oxy-acetylene to...
10
10

return lead 2 clamps structure and item?
Hello all Yup it's pouring with rain and there's an emergency welding job which has to be done... Does it help to have a return lead with two clamps - one attached securely to the structure (in this...
12
12

Diffuse heat from an arc welder?
Is there a practical way to use an arc welder for the sort of heating traditionally done with a gas torch? Long ago there was an "atomic hydrogen torch" which consisted of an arc with hydrogen blowing...
14
14

6010 SMAW scaffold tube railings
What conditions (rod size, Amps, etc.) and techniques would you use to weld scaffold tube to make railings? Standard scaffold tube - 48.3mm OD, wall thickness about 4mm, galvanised (I think that's 1.5...
4
4

Cold Weld ???
I made a pin puller yesterday as a project with my dad when he and my mom stopped over yesterday for Thanksgiving. Basically I welded a 5/8 mild steel rod to a pair of locking pliers (Great Neck, not...

Ranger 8 low welding amp in DC positive and none in DC negative
was welding and current dies ---selector was bad ---changed it ---now I get low amp not enough to weld and nothing in DC negative
1
1

Lincoln Ranger stop welding
I raised the amps from 130 to 145 during this is process the welder complained little spark no we disconnected the lines to see what the problem could be to the principals point of no spark at all the...

Lincoln Ranger stop welding
I raised the amps from 130 to 145 during this is process the welder complained little spark no we disconnected the lines to see what the problem could be to the principals point of no spark at all the...
1
1

tube size slides over scaffold tube
Hello Is there a standard tube size which can readily be ordered which fits accurately over a scaffold tube (here in UK - 48.3mm outside diameter)? The thought is to use scaffold tube offcuts to make...
1
1

Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers
This might be metalworking or wood working. I'm seriously thinking about removing the work benches from along the back wall in my shop and replacing them with a single continuous monolithic steel...
45
45

Leaking wood furnace, boiler plate
We have a outdoor wood furnace made on if 1/4" boiler plate. It has developed a leak along a weld a door. We are wondering what rod to use for welding?.
2
2

weld shrinkage
Would acetylene's larger heated zone make it better than stick to weld a tee joint in 1" square tubing that should be as square as possible? The shorter leg will be the upright that planks are clamped...
4
4

prep butt angle iron inside access only 7018 rods
Hi all What is the best prep and technique * butt weld angle iron (make extra length) * 10mm thk, 150x75 section (3/8" thk, 6"x3") * access only from inside the angle ( L

Stainless Steel Hammer - (its welding related really)
I was thinking about forming aluminum and prepping joints for welding and it occurred to me that depending on the alloy its really easy to bring aluminum into position with a hammer. I recently fit an...