Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers
This might be metalworking or wood working. I'm seriously thinking about removing the work benches from along the back wall in my shop and replacing them with a single continuous monolithic steel...
45
45

Leaking wood furnace, boiler plate
We have a outdoor wood furnace made on if 1/4" boiler plate. It has developed a leak along a weld a door. We are wondering what rod to use for welding?.
2
2

weld shrinkage
Would acetylene's larger heated zone make it better than stick to weld a tee joint in 1" square tubing that should be as square as possible? The shorter leg will be the upright that planks are clamped...
4
4

prep butt angle iron inside access only 7018 rods
Hi all What is the best prep and technique * butt weld angle iron (make extra length) * 10mm thk, 150x75 section (3/8" thk, 6"x3") * access only from inside the angle ( L

Stainless Steel Hammer - (its welding related really)
I was thinking about forming aluminum and prepping joints for welding and it occurred to me that depending on the alloy its really easy to bring aluminum into position with a hammer. I recently fit an...

brazing/soldering pot metal (again)
I'm sure this has been covered a bunch of times already.... I fumbled my antique band saw getting it out if my truck. Of course it lan ded on the pully(wheel) and bent it to the point of cracking. I...

ER70s2 vs ER70s6 for TIG
I kind of had the impression that you used 70s6 for your run of the mill mild steel and 70s2 for things like 4130 tube. Recently watching some video on YouTube a fellow was showing off his skills and...
2
2

Ship Anchor Chain Mailbox Post
I always dreamed to have a mailbox made of welded ship anchor chain. I finally was able to obtain a good length (like 15ft) of real ship anchor chain with huge links (6 or 8 inches, I forgot). Bought...
9
9

dead welder
switch and the overheat breaker , not much else to go wrong in their but the control board . I've also checked the cord for continuity . Today while troubleshooting I plugged it in and turned it on ,...
1
1

Blue fire 189
My unit runs but sounds like something is behind the fan
1
1

chip slag impacting electric tool
Hi Have lovely electrodes - Bohler Phoenix Spezial D 7016's - which normally give easy self-detaching slag. But when filling a groove, if proving anything but easy to remove. With lots of smiles,...
5
5

Tig Torch Stand
How important is a stand for your TIG torch? You can buy them so cheap its not worth making, and of course I have metal (and magnets) all over the shop so I could certainly make one, but will I find...
4
4

CO2 mig again
Going to experiment, have a common or garden variety regulator as used on drink dispensers etc, no flow gauge, so what pressure as a rough guide is likely to give acceptable flow rate? 10 psi? 20volt...
9
9

7018 - E7018 - 7018AC
Do you or have you used 7018 on an AC source? Have you ever had anybody tell you should only run it on DC? I've had a couple people tell me you have to run 7018 on DC (ep). I have a box of E7018 that...
1
1

tensile breaking machine for test welds
Hello all I've "google" searched and not found the mythical test machine I visualise should exist for API1104-type welder qualification tests. When the criterion for a welder-the-person test is that...
9
9