Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

7016's/7018's/ Basic rods development over time
Hi all A friend explained that "modern" dual-coat 7016's which leave the black glass slag have great user appeal (obviously) but are only made possible by modern clean steels, where in times like the...

CO2 mig versus gasless mig
Tried to ask google and get nowhere (get answers comparing argon mixes etc but none answer the direct question. I have a co2 bottle and can not afford any argon mixes as Australian gas suppliers are...
12
12

Preflow on MIG
I know. I know. That's not really a thing. Still I was welding up some T-handles on thread rod for some tools yesterday. I noticed that for just a fraction of a second at the beginning of the first...
3
3

"Welding" Unknown Pot Metal
I've got a part I'd like to repair if for no other reason than to be able to do it. The value is much lower than my time. It?s a die cast mystery alu-zinc part. From what I have read the...
16
16

Weld foot electric motor
Has anyone welded broken foot on electric motor with stick cast rods, I presume I should bolt earth to good foot securely, but any hints AC/ DC positive or neg earth? Should I earth separately to...
8
8

TIG vs Pulse TIG
My primary interest in TIG is to do cleaner aluminum welds with stock that is really outside my practical ability with my MIG setup. This means I am primarily looking at AC TIG welding. Yes once I...
1
1

Mea culpa - 7016 polarity :-)
Hello all Hilarious driving home of a lesson about electrodes and the polarity they need. Yesterday, all way from 0730 to morning break at 10am, had the welding machine on DCEN for 7016 rods. Did...

single-run hori-vert (2F/PB) SMAW fillets getting near-perfect
Hiya Can't believe this! I'm not easily optimising and arriving on the perfect repeatable condition, despite all these years welding, It's about productivity. I can do it perfectly, but when I try to...
1
1

gas cutting specs with sight correction
Hi Got welding visor sorted - fresnel lens before filter. Now - 'nother similar matter but can't see solution. Want something I can keep in my welding bag - and old day-bag - which offers me a...
5
5

Powcon stick welder - good welds
Hi everyone. I used a Powcon welding machine to SMAW / stick to weld some steel for civils today - first use of a Powcon welding machine. With 7018 3.2mm (1/8th-inch) rods. My impression - on onlooker...
1
1

need perfect radius
Greetings. I am making a lamp for my living room. I will use a 45 pound plate for the base and some 1/2" rebar for the lamp itself. Base will be on one wall an d light bulb will be about 7' away. I...
14
14

welder no arc
powncon 300sm no arc,mice built nest in machine,blew out,still no arc,cant see any wires damaged,need help
1
1

no arc
powcon300sm-over time been sitting in garage,got out to use,no arc on welding rod,took cover off,mice had nest built in machine,blew out,still no arc,i need help
1
1

PAM Cooking Spray - Olive Oil
I installed a new stove a couple weeks ago in the house. It was no big deal. The most stressful part was making sure it was jetted and regulated for LP gas instead of natural gas. I left off (a...
1
1

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE
I struggled with this thing for years, and mostly just relegated it to running flux core. It will push flux core FCAW all day long, but I think I might have finally found the problem with MIG. I never...