Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Modern physics , By thornton and rex , 3rd ed
solutions books team s o l u t i o n s b o o k s @ h o t m a i l . c o m solutionsbooks(at)hotmail(dot)com We're a team for providing solution manuals to help students in their study. We sell the...

Is It Any Good - Or Do I just Suck
I've got a Miller 212. NOT an Autoset. Back then welders were hating on automatic setting welders pretty bad. I wish I had ignored all of that and bought the autoset. Even if I would have had to...
9
9

welding tractor for bridge - 2 lines railway span (2023 Update)
Hi all Need advice "from zero upwards" about using welding tractors. We have a bridge to make. Overbridge over a railway. Two lines. Structurally it's typical steel bridge type - sides / "parapets"...
16
16

Angle Grinding Discs
I've been trying to figure out how to know when to discard a grinding disc for an angle grinder. I've looked around on the internet, but can't seem to find an answer to this. I know about the "use by"...
10
10

Has to be accurate to 1/10,000 of an inch
I watched part of a knife making challenge show. The helper was milling a part and the narrator said "the part has to be machined to an accuracy of 1 / ten thousands of an inch" Then the boss grabbed...
2
2

From Zero (0) to Four (4)
Well, the weekend before last I got desperate and had my wife pick up the Vulcan Welding Hood. It works pretty good. In the intervening time Lincoln decided to send me a brand new Viking welding...
3
3

Two welders working on same structure.
I seem to recall having seen two or more welders working on the same structure at the same time. Was that for real? Is that OK and normal? If its ok, could I run different welders of different sizes...
7
7

Stupid Flippy Back on Head Gear
Ok, who like the stupid flippy back section on the newer welding helmet headgear. I didn't like it at all on the Vulcan Helmet when I first got it last weekend, but my son commented on it. He said he...

Anti Spatter, Paint, Other ?
Ok, now that I have the "frame" for my welding table built I've actually done a couple small projects on it and done some test/practice welding I've run up against a small issue. What the best way to...
2
2

What's a good height for a static welding table
I've got to weld up some gates and I am getting tired of welding on the ground. I was thinking about welding up a simple 4x8 (+/-) welding table out of tube and I was wondering what would be a good...
13
13

Welding helmets and crappy welds
one post . welding them with some Invar 42 bare rod . Tried some 312 SS but it was too close to the melting temp of the rods ,and I just ain't that good a welder . The nickel/iron rod works a lot...

Specification SSPC 20 Level-1 & Level-2
Dear Sir, can any one provide me the Specification for SSPC 20 Level-1 & Level-2. Regards Santosh

My Autodark is Broken
My favorite autodark welding hood was my first one. An el cheapo Harbor Freight a buddy gave me as a gift for fixing his boat trailer for him many years ago. I loved it. Seemed I could dial it in for...
14
14

I thought you might chuckle while reading this
where I took another semester of ornamental welding. I like making stuff (s hit) for the yard. I'm building a 16' lifeguard stand now. I'm about a hal f-mile from the lake so I figure I'll just stick...
7
7

Welding tungsten to stainless
some tooling . SAhe needs some mandrels made that are a piece of tungsten rod welded/brazed to a stainless steel handle . The join is not subject to the full heat of molten glass . Am I right in...
5
5