AMA Plans Servie FAQ

FAQ for AMA Plans Service

Who do I call for plans?
John Zgunda is our Plans Coordinator.  He can be reached by calling (765)
287-1256 ext. 507 (members may use the toll free number) or email
johnz@modelaircraft.org.

What plans do you offer?
There are two main collections available, the John Pond Collection and the
Model Aviation plans.  The AMA has other plans that are not listed so please
call for availability and price.

Are all AMA plans for sale?
No.  We try not to infringe on the copyrights other plan services.  It is
our intention to service our members, not to put other plans services out of
business.  We will supply the address or phone for other plan services.

How can I get an order form?
You can download an order form from the AMA web site or there is one in your
Model Aviation magazine.

What type of payment is accepted?
At the AMA Convention only Visa/MasterCard will be accepted.  Mail in orders
can be paid by check, money order, or Visa/MasterCard.  Sorry, we do not
accept other credit cards.

Do you have a catalog?
For the Pond plans we use the "Old Time Plans Service" catalog that was
dated 1999-            2000 but the prices in the catalog are incorrect.  A
few catalogs are available from the AMA Plans Service for $10 or a copy can
be viewed or downloaded from the AMA web site at no charge.  A Model
Aviation plans list can also be downloaded from the AMA web site or a
printed copy can be purchased from the AMA Plans Service for $2.

Can you make the plans smaller or bigger?
Yes.  Most of the time plans can be resized to fit the wingspan you want.
Call for special requests and a price quote.

The plan I want is not listed.  What can I do?
Sometimes we can find a vendor who can supply your needs.  We will be glad
to pass on the information, no charge.

What is your exchange and refund policy?
Once shipped, all sales are final.  We will try doing our best to make sure
the quality is good but we can not guarantee satisfaction.  For example: kit
plans are not always complete with templates.

How will the plan be shipped?
Plans are rolled and sent by USPS Priority Mail.  Foreign mail is folded and
shipped in a box.

How long will it take to get my plans?
Normal shipping time is 2 to 3 weeks.

Do you have "walk-in sales" at the AMA Muncie site?
Yes.  Plans ordered before 10:00 am can be picked up after 2:00 pm.  There
is no shipping charge but Indiana sales tax will be added.

Is there a "Show Special" for this event?
Yes.  All orders taken at the AMA Convention will have free shipping.

Can I see the plan before I order?
At this time, plans cannot be viewed.

Are pictures of planes available?
Pictures of completed models built from Model Aviation magazine plans can be
viewed on the AMA web site www.modelaircraft.org.  There area no pictures of
planes built from the John Pond plan collection.

John Zgunda
Plans Coordinator
5161 E. Memorial Dr.
Muncie, IN 47302