What in the heck is cured copper?

My daily paper once again ran a full-page ad for the EdenPURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater. The explanation for how this marvelous gizmo allegedly works is pure Star Wars (movie) hocus-pocus.

It supposedly involves the use of "cured copper" which is "a type of copper that goes through an extensive heating process to give it special properties".

Can anyone tell me how you cure copper? Do you just smoke it like a fish, or do you first need to marinate it in brine (perhaps with whisky added)?

Here is how they claim their heater works. See:

"Electricity ignites the powerful quartz infrared lamp...The quartz infrared lamp gently warms the patented cured copper tubes without combustion... Heat from the copper tubes rides the humidity in the room, providing moist, soft heat without reducing oxygen or humidity."

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.

Reply to
metalengr

They don't seem to tell you what the copper was cured of..., but then too, copper doesn't get sick a lot. :-)

Reply to
Jim

(((copper.CLTX.+or+copper.DCTX.)+AND+quartz)+AND+heater)&OS=aclm/copper+and+quartz+and+heater&RS=((ACLM/copper+AND+quartz)+AND+heater) Space heater with pretreated heat exchanger

Abstract A space heater with a linear source of infrared radiant energy in heat exchange relationship with a heat exchanger formed of copper or aluminum material. The copper is pretreated to soften the copper and partially blacken the surface thereof. The aluminum is anodized and electrolytically colored dark. The space heater is thermally more efficient than a comparable space heater wherein the copper or aluminum has not been pretreated. The linear source of infrared radiant energy and heat exchanger are mounted in a heater core that is thermally insulated by an air jacket from an exterior case.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.