Subject Author Posted Replies

Sieg X3 Y axis snap ring is not 16mm
One of those things - while I was working on mounting the Y axis scale, I found that the Y axis leadscrew's snapring fell off. Again. Since the idea of running my X3's cross slide out until the whole...
6
6

Removing frozen bolt
I have a very old turnbuckle. One rod came out, luckily the one that is threaded in the reverse direction of a common bolt, so I'll be able to get a 3/8 common turnbuckle piece to replace it if I ever...
45
45

"squeezing" thin wall brass tubing
I have to replicate some brass tubes that are used in a carburetor. The tubes are .093 OD, and .015 wall. The original tubes are 2" long, with the end .250 reduced down to .067 OD, which has an ID...
7
7

OT-British Automation
Who says the brits have no sense of humor. Regards Tom. BBC NEWS | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Flatulent cow puts wind up locals
5
5

Reamers for ER40?
Are there reamers to clean up an ER40 collet holder?
12
12

Tapping aluminum (or tapping on wood?)
Yes, normal taps work fine in Aluminum. Check to make sure you grabbed the correct drill size, always measure tap drills before using.
15
15

Need recomendation on book for learning how to fully exploit a surface grinder
============ Part of an email response I made to a similar question asked several months ago: items are generally good. 2 others besides this one. ?course=386013 texts -- probably expensive buy many...
6
6

fa - special washing machine tool
some time back, there was a very lengthy set of threads on washing machine repair - for one or two of you, this tool may be of great value, or at least interesting - specialty bearing and motor pulley...
1
1

Pricey Wrenches
Intresting concept. Best Regards Tom.
19
19

How to couple two poles to make a quick extension pole?
How to couple two poles to make a quick extension pole? (wood, metal, or plastic) Problem: Couple/join 2-3/4" dia 5' long poles to make a 10' extension pole that will not twist slip but which may...
28
28

New graduated dial for Grizzly G9972Z 11x26 lathe
Well, I just ordered another graduated dial for the compound slide on my CQ6128A / G9972Z lathe. My thought is to face off the top surface of the dial and thereby lower my Aloris AXA toolpost. Right...
7
7

Heavy Duty Drawer Slides
Would anyone out there know where to get them? I did a Google but haven't found what I'm looking for. They are for a wheelchair lift and the dealer price just seems too rich to me. I know the lift...
11
11

Grinding chipbreakers into drill bits?
I've recently noticed a problem with drilling in steel that I want to ask the group's opinion on. The problem is the drill grabbing in the hole, and it only happens in one situation (unfortunately, a...
15
15

OT: Why can't we do this in the US?
Even with the high value of the Euro, high labor costs, and stiff environmental regulation, WMF continues to make and sell high quality cooking equipment not only in Germany, and the other EU...
39
39

Simplest electric motor
5