Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Spark ignition coil
Anybody have hints or instructions on how to wind your own? Read something about a 100-1 coil ratio but what thickness wire is the minimum acceptable? I want them as light as possible.
4
4

RC Helicopters from The Source?
Hi folks, just started lurking here this afternoon! Got back from The Source (here in Canada) with a Radio Controlled Helicopter called "The Mosquito"... Uber-small, looks like fun. I'm a...
2
2

Best way to sell transmitter
I want to sell a used transmitter and would like advice on the best (meaning more exposure) place to sell it; either ebay or rcuniverse or perhaps a different rc auction house. Thanks
14
14

UK modellers
As Minimag Co, Walsall, West Midlands, WS5 3NX, still doesnt do Internet or MC, any folks in the UK nearby who would be willing to act as a go between in a purchase from Minimag? $ by paypal probably...
1
1

Propping
I just read Ed Creeger's comments on propping the trainer with the SC.40 (whatever the SC.40 is). Ed's comment indicated that a 10x6 prop would fly the plane, but wouldn't offer the braking that the...
10
10

FA - Vintage 1941 Super Atom Engine
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=

SC.40 - what prop for a trainer??
Hi all... another n00b question from me I'm afraid... i've been told by a couple of seasoned aero-hobbyists that my prop is too small/shallow pitched for my SC.40. I'm currently running it with a...
9
9

Travelling with plane
Anyone have ideas on how to pack a plane for travelling? I'm flying to Florida, and want to take a plane with me. Looking for ideas on the best way to ship the plane. Thanks.
1
1

RDRC Fly-For-Tots donation & wrapup...
Fly-For_Tots wrap-up... This past Wednesday night, October 25, we invited 'Smiles for Little Faces' (a Make-a-Wish group) to our club meeting. A check for $10,000 (!!) was presented to them, and was...
6
6

Re: Autonomous airplane project
This project is apparently intended to be "quick and dirty" and cheap as a lead-in to something else. It will not come down that way. My experience is that for someone trying to start from scratch the...
10
10

Futaba 6XA (Field Force6) Mixing Issue
Is it possible to have both flapperon mixing and dual servo controlled elevators with this radio ? Problem appears to be that the gear channel (5) is controlled by a 2 position swith and this radio...
5
5

Anybody cleaning out the garage?
I need something to put a .30 4stroke on. Anybody got anything for sale?
6
6

Saito 180 Exhaust pressure/Cline Regulator
I can't get enough exhaust pressure to pressurise the fuel tank when using a cline regulator on a Saito 180. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have change the one-way valve and made sure it is...
5
5

using a buddy box
My trainer never used a buddy box with me, he was content to just hand the Tx back and forth. I have a friend that wants me to help him learn to fly but he feels more comfortable using a buddy box. I...
22
22

List Your RC Web Site For Free - Great Exposure
Hi, I wanted to let you all know of a great place to list your web site. List it at CJ