3rd request for DVD payment received today

Its not the AMA sending the DVD.

Its some other company... read the label carefully and examine the log carefully. The company is using a name that has the AMA initials bu its not "Academy of Model Aeronautics" and the logo is not IDENTICAL t the AMA's

check the names in the mailer... the person to contact won't be liste in the AMA's website contact list.... because they don't work at th AMA.

AND.. once you have told em to buzz off..... if they continue t harrass you about payment you can contact the US Post Office and file complaint. But again.. its not against the AMA... its against this fir that bought the mailing list from the AMA

-- fhhuber50677

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:

this thread:

fhhuber506771

In other words, the AMA profited by violating an unspoken trust between them and their membership. But it remains not the AMA's fault!

Bull! Piss poor ethics is piss poor ethics. I won't recommend a companies stock when I find that and I won't patronize an insurance provider for the same reason.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

The letter carries the signature of Tom Schwyn, who is listed on the AMA website as director of marketing and public relations.

Yes, it's some other company. But if that mail isn't fraudulent then they're working in pretty close concert with the AMA.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I got the DVD, looked at it, threw it away, never sent payment, and AMA hasn't bugged me about it at all.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Good grief! Why are all you guys getting so upset over unsolicited mail? Just trash it and ignore it. Can't be simpler. Now let it go :-)

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

Lyman,

Maybe because of the implications that the AMA has now released the address, etc of every member to a marketing firm. Yeah I know! They said they didn't. But really, who applied all those address labels? I'm sure it wasn't anyone at AMA HQ (No! No! DB! Lick then stick!).

And even if they didn't, the implications are there and onerous!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

"Chuck".....

As you have professed time & again in this NG, you're not an AMA member, and you're not gonna be...

Why are you so concerned over something that wasn't even sent you, and has no bearing on your life whatsoever, onther than using what you've seen here to provide fodder for your endless digs at the AMA...

People, I do believe that if this "Chuck Jones" ain't an alias for KK there ain't a cow in Tejas..

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Its backlash from the opressiveness of the AMA and some of its less thoughtful members.

Reply to
Steve Banks

Hey Folks,

I've been seeing these postings for a while now, and as a flyer from North of the border, I have no idea what is even on the DVD being talked about. Is it a propaganda piece, or is there a bunch of flying videos and instruction on it?

Just curious. Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm not concerned. I find it amusing. Much like I find you and you fanaticism over this KK amusing! You really should get a life. Or a good shrink!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Reply to
twostik