Aerobird Xtreme

Hello there. I have recently bought an aerobird xtreme (my second plane, first was an accipiter badius power glider), & find it to be a low 17 on a scale of one to ten for exhilarating fun! I am very new to the sport & have not had the opportunity to get any pointers on how to do tricks & stuff from any experienced r\c pilots, but from what I can do this is too fun. Even after the catastrophic crashes (& there have been many), I have always been able to get it back to flight condition without leaving the field. Thanks to some trusty packing tape & a few tie straps :o) But, on the last outing I broke the mount for the receiver/servo board. From what I can gather, I can't buy this part separately. I think I can buy the whole fuselage with everything complete, but I can't seem to find that anywhere either. Does anyone know where I can buy a wing, tail, & fuselage? I'm waiting on a respond from Hobby Zone, but they are taking their swweet ol' time replying.

Reply to
Creu

Creu,

HobbyZone is the primary source of everything, as noted on page 20 of the manual. Some things like wings, tails, batteries, and such are sometimes available at your LHS.

The ABX is still new, so their parts replacements are slow coming out. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Unfortunately, nothing is available from Hobby Zone, or at least you can't get anything from their website & e-mails on the subject to Hobby Zone remain unanswered. I realize since the plane is brand new to the market parts are going to be scarce for a bit. So I am just looking around for information, since I have none at all, & am anxious to get flying my plane again.

Reply to
Creu

Have you tried the distributor, Horizon Hobby?? They sell the things from their web page and I would assume that they would also carry the replacement parts. Just a suggestion. The link to their Hobby Zone parts page is:

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

Thanks, Jim. Apparently I missed the link to the parts page on the Hobby Zone web site. Right under my nose all the time. If you are in Canada, Hobby Zone's web outlet will not ship to you. But I did call tha store directly & they were more than happy to ship to me personally. Great service from real people, nice change from "web shopping". I actually got a better deal incl. shipping & taxes than I would have gotten locally, & I've always considered my LHS to be one of the more reasonably priced shops. Anyways, thanks everyone for the help!

Paul

Creu

Have you tried Horizonhobby.com? (HBZ Parent company) Most all part

show up in stock there.

Also, you can go to the real Hobbyzone home web page.. hobbyzonesports.com and look for dealers that are HSN (online) shops and find the spares there..

-- aerobirdto

this thread:

aerobirdtoo

Just tried both of them. One doesn`t have it listed and the other says this not available. Thanks. Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

Mason121,

It's still so new, they're not listing spare parts as yet. You have an Owners Manual, CALL them and order the part(s) needed! --