Aerostand

Does anyone know where I can find a drawing or diagram for a RC plane service stand, made from PVC pipe/fittings, to be used at the flying field?

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

This company makes their products out of metal:

Look at the pictures for some great ideas.

RFan

Reply to
RFAN

Some ideas (loads real slow, your mileage may vary):

and further pics (02 etc.)

The Bocelot

Reply to
Bocelot

Thanks to all those who responded to my 'Aerostand' question.

I found the ideal stand made of PVC pipe, right here in our RC club. When I'm finished making one, I'll post it on my personal website.

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

Hurry up Earl! I'm going to do the same thing. The ready made stands always lack some feature I want and IMHO some of the prices are prohibitive. Especially if I can come up with a PVC type much cheaper. I was going to buy the PVC and some fittings and just wing it but it will be easier copying yours ;-)) So get a move on and please lets me/us know when you post it -

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

I've made some storage racks and stands with the same methods, but using copper pipe, instead. I always find the cpvc stands too flimsy.

Reply to
Morgans

Hi Jim, Check out the picture under "early Barnstormers" on Earl's Web site - :

-. The stand looks pretty good. I've seen one other home brew PVC stand and it seemed pretty sturdy. Anyhoo I'm gonna give it a try.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe