Aileron differential - help !!

Can someone help me to remember which aileron produces mostly drag during a roll, thus should have a smaller amount of deflection. I can never seem to keep this straight when setting up differential. Thanks in advance -- Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo

always more UP than DOWN. Down aileron creates more lift and Up aileron creates more drag. Clear? Hope so!

Reply to
jeboba

H Ray!

The DOWN-GOING aileron produces the most drag per angle of deflection..

I set my Cubs/Champs/Citabrias with almost twice as much "up" as "down" .

(And rarely fly them sustained inverted) :)

Cheers!

Dave

Reply to
dgamblin

They need more up than down

another Ray

Reply to
ray fisher

Not on symmetrical wings! They should be the same. John ;-)

Reply to
JB

Thanks to everyone for the good input. My wing airfoil is flat bottom so I'll go for more up than down. I never though about the symmetrical airfoil, but that is good input also. (no differential for symmetrical). Thanks again !!!!! Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo