Airtronics vs JR

Can anyone tell me if I can use the JR. standard servos with a VG 6000 Aitronics Transmitter/receiver?

Yes you can.
| | > Can anyone tell me if I can use the JR. standard servos with a VG 6000 | > Aitronics Transmitter/receiver? | | Yes you can.
Yes, you can, but but sure you read the link that Marty provided first. http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html
You might need to change the position of some wires, and if you don't, you can fry your servo by getting the polarity wrong.
In general, all the `hobby grade' servos are *all* compatible -- but the plugs and the order of the pins can differ. The only servos I'm aware of that are in semi-common use that aren't compatible are the Parkzone park-flier servos that have five pins instead of three.
--
Doug McLaren, snipped-for-privacy@frenzied.us
"Not only is UNIX dead, it's starting to smell really bad." -- Rob

It may also be of significance that some brands turn the other way. I can't remember which brand(s) it was, but I have tested this myself.
Of course, we always check that the control surfaces move in the right direction before takeoff, it is good to understand why the rudder suddenly goes the wrong way.
--
RoRo

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:37:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@4fast.net wrote in

You may have to mess with the plugs to get the wires in the right order:
http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html
I don't think there's any harm in finding out just by plugging the servos into your receiver and seeing what happens.
                Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Ah.....er....Many Airtronics systems have the plus/minus reversed on the receiver output from the polarity used by other manufacturers. Plugging in a JR/Futaba/Hitec without changing the wires on the servo pigtail will definitely let all the smoke out of the servo..... I believe the Airtronics systems designaed with a "Z" (servo pigtail color coded with blue plastic) are compatible with other manufacturer's servos.

Oooooooh, that's BAD.
Doug mentioned that, too.
Sorry for giving such bad advice!
It's been a looooong time since I had some Airtronics stuff to play with (10 years?).
                Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

The old Airtronics had an unusual wiring configuration.
The later (I forget the year they made the transition) Airtronics radios use the same wiring layout as everyone else. Now to see if anyone remembers the year they changed their wiring...?
Ed Cregger
Ed Cregger wrote:

You don't really need to remember when they made the change. The old ones were black with teeth on one side, the new ones are blue.
The newer Airtronics with the BLUE receiver and servo plugs, are wired the same as JR and Futaba. If the receiver is black, then you can't use JR servos with it.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:18:01 -0500, "MJKolodziej"

Diagrams here: