AMA now scaming?

There is only one way that it could not cost the AMA money. They would have had to have sold the membership list to some marketing outfit with the promise of a kickback. This is just as bad - or worse.

We did not vote them into office to attempt to huckster us. They are supposed to be on our side, not the marketeers side. Get it?

If the AMA needs money that badly, they should begin cutting expenditures, or they should appeal to we, the membership, for our ideas and help. They should not sic third party hucksters upon us. Damn it, I want first party hucksters sic'ed upon me! 8^>

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

I have been looking for something insignificant, unimportant and flat-out of no consequence to bitch and belly-ache about all day. Stop pissing in my bowl of wheaters!

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

I suspect that you are right, Pete.

It really doesn't amount to a hill of beans. But at least they could give us the option of opting out.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

It is rude, my friend, to solicit friends in such a fashion. The AMA is not a model retailer, or any other kind of business with normal business needs and practices. It is supposed to be "our" institution. It stings a little to think that those at the top of the heap consider us nothing more than consumers.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

Hasn't cost the AMA anything, yet, well at least nothing more than their reputation, And I doubt that the final bill is in. Hmmmm! 43 post on the subject most unhappy with the prospect, except for a couple trying perhaps to reach the next rung on the ladder. check my count I could be wrong. Would seem to me the first effort was a bad one, and should be the last one. The dog and pony show, I think that's still in muncie.

tomb

Reply to
tomb046

Bob, Lets see the DVD cost you nothing to look at and if you do not want it then you can send it back postage paid. If you want to you can keep the DVD which means that they will have to go out and have another DVD made to replace the one that you kept to send that one to the next person on the list. Lets see the DVD has some interesting information that has me intrigued to see what the other may have on them. $9.00 is not very much for a decent DVD. The information on the battery packs and checking out airplanes was good and informative for a person like me that has only been in the hobby for a couple of years. I'm looking at purchasing this DVD and seeing what the rest of series has to offer. Hopefully there will be more info for persons just getting into the hobby. I'm getting my two boys into the hobby and it would be nice to have some material to help them learn besides me talking with them. The thread here and the ones on both RCU and Torque Roll.com are interesting to see how people have taken this idea that the person who runs the marketing of the AMA came up with. To me alot of people have taken it out of context. You are not obligated to order or pay for anything if you so chose not to. John

Reply to
John Graham

FrankC29 wrote: Snip

The disclaimer is not buried it is on the very front of the letter. I do not feel obligated to purchase but I do think that I want to keep it and receive others like it. So I will give the AMA the $9.00 for this DVD and take a look at what others they have to offer. The nice thing is that I'm not obligated to order anything and that it cost me nothing to return what I do not want to keep. I think it is better than purchasing a DVD from the AMA's website because I have no way to preview and decide if the video I'm purchasing is what I really want. John

Reply to
John Graham

They should stop having delusions of grandeur and stick to their mission statement. That is what they should do.

Sending me unsolicited items is interupting my privacy. I had hoped that they were interested in the membership's priorities, not their own dreams of seeing how large and grand an organization they can turn "our" AMA into.

Perhaps they should start their own business and express their need for the grandiose in that manner. I am happy with an AMA that represents our interests to the government, sanctions competitions and provides us with affordable insurance. I suspect that they have lost sight of their mission.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
Ed Cregger

This is the kind of crap that drove me to drop my NRA membership. It started out with a seemingly innocuous package that would appeal to the membership. It ended up with constant pleas and scams for ever more money. Now they even stoop to having computers call the membership in an effort to play a prerecorded plea for more money. That is why I take such strong offense to this ploy. It is just the tip of the iceberg.

My homeowner's insurance with extra general liability coverage covers me just fine. If they continue to progress in the direction of the NRA, they too will join the "do not renew" list.

No smilies, no soothing comments. I am as serious as a heart attack.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
Ed Cregger

My response will swift should they escalate this type of behavior. They will be history as far as I am concerned.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
Ed Cregger

You can! All you have to do is check the box on the form that comes with the DVD that says I DON'T WONT ANYMORE OF THESE, and put the PREPAID mailing label that also comes with the DVD on the box and send it back. Takes all of

30 seconds; that's what I did. Big deal!!
Reply to
Marvin

I dropped my NRA membership for similar reasons. They can do things their way, but it will be without me.

Ed Cregger TAS

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Thank You, That is exactly my point. AMA up till now has represented itself as a quality organization to promote, educate and protect the rights of those in the hobby. Upstanding organization don't scam their members like this. Does anyone know if any of these scam packages were sent to young junior members? How about elderly members that are easily fooled by these types of scams? Do some of you really think that only drooling idiots fall for this kind of thing? These scams are targeted towards the very young,very old and trusting guilable souls that should not be prayed upon by any respectable organization that they belong to. It is truly sad, after all the years AMA has spent building up their reputation and trust with the membership, that the leadership has now decided to pray on that loyality by pulling this kind of scam. This is not the AMA organization I first joined as a kid in the late 1960's nor is it an organization I will be promoting to others if this is the trend they intend to follow. I truly feel sorry for those who have posted in this thread that seem to think everyone is out to screw everyone else and therefore there is no standards. Yes Virgina, there are people and organizations in this world that do live up to a higher standard and AMA was one of them. It is a shame that some people seem to have never known such people or places in their life.

Bob Ruth

"FrankC29" wrote in news:QgoVd.9605$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Reply to
BRuth

All the DVDs and postage they got for FREE??? How can I get on that deal!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Who's money ARE they using? They are using SOMEONE'S money and they are the AMA.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

The problem is that the AMA has now joined the ranks of spammer. Whether or not they are spending money directly on this is beside the point. They HAVE to be spending something on administration up front.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I don't think they've lost sight of the mission Ed. I simply think they've never told the membership what the real mission is!

And remember kids! Keep sending in those box tops. You know the ones! They have George Washington's picture on the front! Send them in and we'll send a genuine secret encoder ring!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

They are trying to raise money to help lower members dues and you whine about it? Sheesh.

What interruption of privacy? Was there some kind of spy cam in the envelope? Perhaps this program solves problems YOU have not thought of. Maybe they have a better vision on how to run the business than you.

Hello? Wake up! It is a business. Perhaps the problem is you just need to arm chair quarterback all their decisions.

Reply to
C G

Once again, why don't you go read about it?

Reply to
C G

Yes, it was free to the AMA.

Reply to