AMA now scaming?

No, it wasn't.

It's called a contract. The company agrees to only do the job they are hired to do.

OMG, the sky is falling! Heaven forbid you might get a few more pieces of junk mail.

Reply to
C G

I got it also. A couple of days ago. Seems to me this is exactly the same as spam in my email, phone calls from organizations I have never heard of trying to sell me stuff or junk mail. At least in the second case congress passed a law that lets us opt out. And it really works too. I also see a couple of spammers have gotten jail sentances recently. Send enough of them to jail and maybe spam will go away. The best solution I have found for junk mail is to fill the postage paid return envelope with gravel from my driveway and mail it back. Taped one to an old busted brick once. I wonder what postage is on a waste concrete block?

Reply to
flyrcalot

I filled mine up with as much newspaper as I could without feeling that the post office would chuck it out. That was one fat envelope.

Reply to
FrankC29

You do know that if we were at the flying field and you said the above, you would be lying on your back spitting teeth and blood into the grass, don't you?

I don't think much of a person that speaks differently on the net than he would in person. It paints them as a coward in my book. Kind of like the old CB big mouths of years ago with the mighty, raucous sounding CB sets. It turned out that most of those tough guys couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. All mouth, no action.

Don't make me get out of this wheelchair.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Uh, reread what you just wrote. You did not point out how I agreed and disagreed with you.

Let's not let this degrade into a pissing contest between two personalities. I'm not really into that sort of thing these days.

At one point I was trying to be humorous because I realized that my blood pressure was rising and I tried to defuse things.

Yes, I should check my typing quite often. Alas, I do not. I have a Type A personality and my complimentary Type B counterpart is currently not at home.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

That is confidential information. I do not remember receiving a request to disclose my personal information to a profit making organization.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

It's really good to know what kind of person you are. The last fight I got in was in about 9th grade. I feel sad for people who can't resolve disagreements without violence or threats of violence.

Good for you tough guy.

Reply to
C G

I said it was a business. You disagreed with that. And then you admitted it is a non profit business. I never said anything about profit.

Ok.

Reply to
C G

For someone who doesn't want this to "degrade into a pissing contest between two personalities", you sure have inserted yourself into a bunch of comments I made to other people. :-)

Reply to
C G

Don't I recall that you're not a member of the AMA? If so, you have NO voice in this thread.

Dr1

Reply to
Dr1

Twiggy!!!!!!!! My God Bob what do want AMA to operate from....an 8 by 8 shack with a pot belly stove???? But Twiggy.........my E-Flite Tribute has more curves than "that". :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

You didn't see the last sentence? I was kidding.

The last thing in the world that I am is a tough guy, but I really don't like it when people behave differently on the net than they would in person.

There is nothing gained by calling the opposition in a debate or discussion a whiner, now is there? It just shows me that you feel you are losing the argument and that you are becoming frustrated enough to lose your self control to some extent.

It would please me to no end if all of us could refrain from losing our temper. I had to walk away for a while, I admit it.

When all is said and done, we are all still enthusiasts of model airplanes, even if we hold different opinions. I'd still loan you might starter and even offer you a glow plug if you were stuck without one at the field.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

Okay, I'll give you the business aspect. But you have to admit that the priorities of a for profit business and a non profit business are usually radically different.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
The Amazing Seismo

You live in a post office? In Phoenix you have to take packages to the post office or find a mailbox to accept the package. Takes a bit more than 30 seconds.

Quit trying to shove spam down our throats.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Maybe because you CAN'T. Everything you posted is twistes, vague and pretty much amounts to nothing. Even the EC minutes do not say HOW this was done. Case in point: the EC minutes said that the membership would opt-in to the mailing and have to send their mailing info to a third party. How many of these mailings resulted from that opt-in scheme? NONE!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

At least they're trying something new to bring in $$ and introducing a tool that could be used to interest new people in our hobby/sport.

I wonder how many of the negative posters here didn't bother to vote in the last AMA election?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

Actually, I do this during discussions with friends, and they do similar things back. Even though the discussions are sometimes quite spirited, we never lose our cool, and still remain friends. It's a classic problem of online communication, there's no body language to go with the words.

And I the same, although I usually leave my starter at home :-)

Reply to
C G

Yup, although I've found that the people in either type are often motivated by the same few things, money, power, etc.

Reply to
C G

Yup, although I've found that the people in either type are often motivated by the same few things, money, power, etc.

Reply to
C G

No Paul, I did answer your questions, but it's pointless to continue doing so, you don't like the answers. You've finally read it for yourself, figure it out.

Reply to
C G