Another Great Flying Outing

I really think I've got the hang of this! One would hope, anyway, since my plane is essentially a slow-stick powered glider. Still, it's great to be able to get aloft on the first attempt, and today I got two flights of over 5 minutes each, by soaring in the breeze aloft for up to

45 seconds at a time. Both landings were ok, too - one perfect, one acceptable. I've got some photos of the plane, and can do some screen caps from previous flight videos. Any interest in my posting them in the binary group?

When the new Vulcan comes I'll have three battery packs, and two working planes. Any suggestions for a place to buy NiMH battery packs with 6 AAA size cells, rectangular configuration, 700MAH? I've got 450 MAH packs now. No, I don't really want to make my own - this hobby is supposed to be my relaxation!

Reply to
mjc1

This looks like exactly what I want:

Do I need to worry about too much amperage?

Reply to
mjc1

Nope. Milli amp hours is the only concern. (within reason, simplified, of course)

You can also get two wireless phone battery packs and put them together. Pretty simple. Add slightly larger lead wires. You can sometimes find them being discontinued, and get a real deal.

Much easier than building a pack from the ground up.

Reply to
Morgans

Thanks. 1000MAH should be plenty for the flying I do - I wouldn't want those cheap motors to melt. ;-)

Reply to
mjc1

"mjc13 @verizon.net>"

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Reply to
mjc1

If you run your motor within the power guidelines supplied with it, and have adequate cooling vents it'll run as long as you want without overheating. I've flown my Sr. Telemaster for 25 minutes and the motor is barely warm.

PCPhill

----- Original Message ----- From: "mjc13 @verizon.net>" "

Reply to
PCPhill

There's the rub: the motors are in two 'nacelles' made of foam. Unless the air coming in from the front goes right through them, they are actually insulated, instead of cooled...

Reply to
mjc1