another lesson learnt

My wife and I buy and sell on eBay, and we've never been burned either way. One time I bought an item that the seller said the item was NIB. When I got it, I found it had been dropped and damaged (cosmetic only). I left negative feedback, never heard a reply, and bought a new part for it (minor cost). Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Oh, you are SO bad! ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Did you attempt to contact the seller about this before you left negative feedback? Just curious. Bill

Reply to
me

Absolutely, several times by e-mail. His reply was, "Tough s**t."

He never responded to the feedback.

The damage did not show up in any of the pictures. Of course, the engine WAS in a plastic bag when the pics were taken.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I can think of an ideal storage location for the engine, once he gets it.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Fun! Wicked, but good fun. I have to say that the guy I have been dealing with has now offered to send me the agreed value of the engine as soon as he receives it, so he is playing by the rules. I will be out of pocket to the tune of two lots of international post, but that is the risk we take buying used, unseen from a distant country. The seller seems as shocked by the condition of the engine as I am; I suspect he bought it in to sell on and only glanced at the engine, as I did when it arrived. Only a more detailed inspection revealed its true condition.

I've bought an Irvine for the 4 star instead, not as 'sweet' as the 4 stroke, but it will fly and I won't have wasted my time in building it.

Reply to
David Smith

I would have left him neg feedback too, along with contacting EBay. I bought a starter from a guy, received it only to find out it had a bent shaft. He refunded me the cost of a new motor unit. He obviously wanted to protect his perfect 100+ rating.

Reply to
me

Oh, that's wonderful! Bill

Reply to
me

David,

YOU should be complemented for having the patience to see if it could be worked out rather than 'slagging' the guy on an international forum.

-- Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Six_O'clock_High Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Thank you, Jim. I do think it is too easy to blast someone and spoil their reputation before all the facts are known. Although the seller & I are taking a loss on the deal, I think we have agreed on the best compromise for us both.

Reply to
David Smith

Just for the record, I haven't blasted anyone on the internet yet, even though a few of my deals were less than optimum on my end. Life is too short to get that worked up about such things, really. Besides, honest mistakes do happen. I make mistakes too. Maybe someone has cut me a break and I didn't even realize it?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

whatabout me??? I dated a woman(for a summer) i met on a train, who was from Finland(she was an opare) she made me spend every cent i had on her!!! she was beautiful though... we had great times then she had to go back :( does that count for anything? But on the serious side I agree with the other guys in here.. you are most patient ! Gig

Reply to
GaijinGig

Gig,

You want me to find her and get your money back? ;)

Reply to
David Smith

Reply to
GaijinGig

I would disagree about '30 rating policy'. I've bought some items from users with rating of 5 and they(users) were nice folks.On the other hand-bought one time a radar detector from a guy who had

160 rating with 100% posi. Item came in damaged and he just tried to give me run around.So I gave him negative feedback and problem was fixed.Right there. ASAP.I got full refund.

Be careful with Ebay.Judge people by the way they answering emails.Thats what I do :) Have a good day. MittyMit "me" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:opOdnXUnsau9 snipped-for-privacy@yvn.com...

message

Reply to
Mitty Mit