buying balsa

For balsa, you have several choices which are all good. I use Superior Balsa and Lone Star. Balsa USA is also a good source as is Sig. Sig seems to be a little more expensive than the others but has very good wood. All of these also have kits and hardware. Take your pick. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I have been out of the modelling hobby for 4 years can someone tell me where to get good deals on bulk balsa and RC gear? also where can I get RC plane plans on the internet and are there plans for free now over the internet.is there a site for second-hand gear apart from e-bay. I think that's enough for one post thank you to all that respond

Reply to
biggles

Not balsa airplanes, but check out

for free plans for Coroplast planes.

Morris Lee

internet.is

Reply to
Morris Lee

Hello Dave, How are you going to have time for RC with all your photo goings on (got feed us alt.binaries.pictures.aviation guys you know).

I don't know about resources over in Great Briton, but what Paul said is good info.

What type of plans are you after. Scale WW1, WW2, Modern, civilian? Fun fly stuff? Are you looking to scratch build? (sounds like it maybe).

Local swap meets are a good source for used gear.

Anything I can help (to return the favor for all the Bristol M1C stuff you fed me), please let me know.

Best Regards, Mike

internet.is

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

That would be Great "Britain" Mike

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

Like a friend of mine used to say: What;s so great about it? ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

It's great enough to keep me (a Brit) living in Finland!

Reply to
David Smith

haha! Good one! I. too, love Finland. I traveled there several times this year on business. Mostly to Joensuu. It is one of my very favorite European destinations.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Don't you just love the crime-rate now that all guns have been banned? I especially like the one about the farmer who is in prison for murder

- he shot a couple of burglers, and the government gave the survivor m>

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Joensuu's about 4 hours from here, we go that way from time to time. Nice area.

Reply to
David Smith

Well, the farmer shot one of them in the back. And, if you see the place they were breaking into, who in hell would defend it?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I'll let you know the next time I go.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Do that, especially if you have time to stop in the Kouvola area, it's on the way from Helsinki if you go by road.

Reply to
David Smith

Judging from the appearance of where they were apprehended, I would have LET them haul off some of the trash!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh