Chuck Jones and Credibility - was convert #64 to metric

Sorry, should have changed the subject of earlier post.

If Chuck Jones had any C*R*E*D*I*B*I*L*I*T*Y on this forum one might be worried over his condemnations of people on this group!

The "dumb/dip shit" manages to do a semi-monthly column for a model magazine, maintain an information web site for modelers, act as a moderator on technical forums dedicated to modeling, maintains AMA District V e-mail group, serves as Safety Coordinator for AMA District V, participate at model meets, active in local club, etc.

As opposed to being a constant irritant on a modeling forum with ZERO verifiable contribution to the hobby here or anywhere else.

Red S.

Putting words into peoples mouths again? When did I ever say I had > "decoded the numbering system"? Oh! That's right! His great almighty Dip Shit, > Red has decided that I did! So it must be so! > > Tell us Red! Is being a dumb shit something that comes naturally to you? > Or did your parents have to teach you?
Reply to
Red Scholefield

For someone so not worried, you seem to be quite concerned! What are you hiding Red?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

The Chuck and Red Show continues.

Jeeze guys, take your fight outside. The folks in here could care less about your squabbles - at least the ones that haven't already filtered you two out.

Lee

Reply to
mtngal

The battle of the oldest field geezers continues unabated yielding nothing, since neither party has contributed anything to anybody!

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

As long as Red wishes to continue to play his childish word games, I will fight back! Call it what you will. I still think Red is a prime example of what is wrong with the AMA.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

| The "dumb/dip shit" manages to do a semi-monthly column for a model | magazine, maintain an information web site for modelers, act as a | moderator on technical forums dedicated to modeling, maintains AMA | District V e-mail group, serves as Safety Coordinator for AMA | District V, participate at model meets, active in local club, etc.

Either way, you should be aware that this thread has degenerated into a pissing match, and further participation does nothing to benefit the hobby or the readers of this group. All it really does is drag you down with it.

You're not going to win -- you're not even going to break even. It's time to just let it go.

| As opposed to being a constant irritant on a modeling forum with | ZERO verifiable contribution to the hobby here or anywhere else.

Yes, but you (Red) have more to lose. The more you keep going back and forth with him, the worse you look.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I second that -- when things degenerate just walk away. Continuing the conversation never seems to help.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Good advice from all. END of this side of the public show. You have been more tolerant than I probably deserve. Hopefully all that he has antagonized will take this advice and do likewise - hard as it may be at some times.

Back to batteries.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

It is a maturity thing....

It leaves me a little frustrated because I have been reading Red's posts for years (his web site too) and have come to respect him. I know he is an older gentleman and a "seasoned citizen", however, this type stuff makes me question this as I know we are supposed to look to the older folks of our community for leadership by example. If this is an example, well, I will look elsewhere for my mentors, and advise.

Also, if I cannot trust the judgment of persons I look to for advise, how do I know what I have been reading (web site and posts) is true and not some text written to inflame someone else ?

Thanks Red...

Reply to
CJ

I don't understand people that discuss others' personalities on the newsgroup. Who cares?

I'm not looking for heroes to emulate. I consider the information that is offered, weigh its validity and then use or discard the information according to the results of my analysis.

Gossiping about and fighting with each other is a total waste of time. Too much of it and I plonk those folks that propagate this stuff, regardless of their contributions.

This is a hobby for me. Nothing more, nothing less. If it isn't enjoyable, I get it out of my sight.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

This is exactly why my wife changed my toolbar icon for this group from and airplane to a beanie with a propeller.

Phil AMA609

Ed Cregger wrote:

Reply to
pcoopy