Circuit for turning on a switch w/o a servo?

Anybody aware of a circuit online somewhere that would be plugged into a receiver as if it were a servo, and would complete a circuit when
the stick is moved to one side? An added bonus would be to have two cicruits, one completed when the stick is on one side, and the other completed when the stick is on the other side.
This would be simple enough to set up with a servo that turns a switch (or two switches) on and off, but I'd rather have something smaller and simpler. I'm guessing it could be done with a single chip and perhaps a transistor or two. What model of chip can easily decode a servo signal with a minimum of external components?
Why? There's lots of possible uses, but the one I'm thinking of is a digital camera on a plane. I'd rather solder to the switches than use a servo to push them if I can -- it would save some weight, and be simpler to set up.
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
Jim Oddino's column in the latest issue of RCM reviews a switch just made available that should do the job. Don't have the issue in front of me, so can't give details. Also, George Steiner had an article, again in RCM, about converting an old servo to a switch. Sorry again for lack of details.
Rein

I built that switch and it worked great. I had plenty of old servos. I use it to trigger a camera. No moving parts. I dont remember if the article called for a LED but I used one to set it up. Jim
Rein wrote:

On 8/3/2004 23:46, Doug McLaren wrote:

Have a look at this:
<http://www.rc-float-flying.rchomepage.com/Schieppati/switch.html
I found this link, and many others, on Alan's Hobby web site, which can be found here: <http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
Good luck.
Bet 'ya can find somethin' here:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/gadgets.htm

Doug,
I have used the circuit at the link below. It is drawn as a glow driver but other load devices could be in place of the glow plug.
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/rc-sw.htm
John
Anybody aware of a circuit online somewhere that would be plugged into a receiver as if it were a servo, and would complete a circuit when the stick is moved to one side? An added bonus would be to have two cicruits, one completed when the stick is on one side, and the other completed when the stick is on the other side.
This would be simple enough to set up with a servo that turns a switch (or two switches) on and off, but I'd rather have something smaller and simpler. I'm guessing it could be done with a single chip and perhaps a transistor or two. What model of chip can easily decode a servo signal with a minimum of external components?
Why? There's lots of possible uses, but the one I'm thinking of is a digital camera on a plane. I'd rather solder to the switches than use a servo to push them if I can -- it would save some weight, and be simpler to set up.
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
| I have used the circuit at the link below. It is drawn as a glow driver | but other load devices could be in place of the glow plug. | | http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/rc-sw.htm
Yup, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!
It's a bit more complicated than I was hoping for, but I can do that.
I just love ICs :)
"Just remember it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 2 to pull the