Circuit for turning on a switch w/o a servo?

Anybody aware of a circuit online somewhere that would be plugged into
a receiver as if it were a servo, and would complete a circuit when
the stick is moved to one side? An added bonus would be to have two
cicruits, one completed when the stick is on one side, and the other
completed when the stick is on the other side.
This would be simple enough to set up with a servo that turns a switch
(or two switches) on and off, but I'd rather have something smaller
and simpler. I'm guessing it could be done with a single chip and
perhaps a transistor or two. What model of chip can easily decode a
servo signal with a minimum of external components?
Why? There's lots of possible uses, but the one I'm thinking of is a
digital camera on a plane. I'd rather solder to the switches than use
a servo to push them if I can -- it would save some weight, and be
simpler to set up.
Reply to
Doug McLaren
Jim Oddino's column in the latest issue of RCM reviews a switch just made available that should do the job. Don't have the issue in front of me, so can't give details. Also, George Steiner had an article, again in RCM, about converting an old servo to a switch. Sorry again for lack of details.
Rein
Reply to
Rein
Have a look at this:

I found this link, and many others, on Alan's Hobby web site, which can be found here:
Good luck.
Reply to
Mark Hansen
I built that switch and it worked great. I had plenty of old servos. I use it to trigger a camera. No moving parts. I dont remember if the article called for a LED but I used one to set it up. Jim
Re> Also, George Steiner had an article, again in RCM,
Reply to
jim breeyear
Bet 'ya can find somethin' here:

Doug Dorton
Doug,
I have used the circuit at the link below. It is drawn as a glow driver but other load devices could be in place of the glow plug.
John
[...]
John Sparling
| I have used the circuit at the link below. It is drawn as a glow driver | but other load devices could be in place of the glow plug. | |
Yup, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!
It's a bit more complicated than I was hoping for, but I can do that.
I just love ICs :)
Reply to
Doug McLaren