Corflute (correx) style flying wings

Hello all,

I'm considering building a Zagi style flying wing for electrification and or slope. There seems to be a few styles built in differing materials. I can appreciate those with one or the other will think there's is the best, but I'm after a little judgement from those who have or have flown both types, ie foam vs plastic fluted sheets (corflute here in Oz). Issues might involve longevity, weight, and stability etc.

I also see the "Mugi"

has anyone built one of these delta wing styles?... the videos certainly show it to be lively to the point of bordering on the unstable.

Regards Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

Gerry Attric

I have flown the Flik, which is a Mugi clone, and you can find the plans on

. Took me two hours to build, and flew very well on my slope, I got a kick out of it. The electrified version seems to be popular. I'm consider building one for a Mega 16/15/4 on 3S 1500mah LiPos. That should be a hoot.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks Frank, I started mine last night. I might use a few ideas off the Flik plans.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

My latest Mugi is a modification (to be released shortly) of th

original plan as per the website. I have an 800mm span with a 16/15/ Mega which I fly on LiPo. This thing will climb from the launc vertically and will not slow down. Power to weight is very much in ou favour and it is incredibly impressive to speck it out. Word of warnin though, if you plan on doing any full throttle downhill runs, add carbon spar. Failure to do so can see the airframe distort and lock the ailerons

-- Mooge

this thread:

Moogee