crash big time

Reply to
Paul Ryan

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Marty,

I take my hat off for you and salute =)

Yes, I even put your crash page in my favourite links collection =))

There are mice and there are men, clearly you have boldly gone where few men have gone before (well, admitted going...=))

I have no crash pictures myself to put on the net. That´s not because I haven´t crashed any, that´s because there was never much left to take pictures of...before doing some digging that is...

More power to ya!

Cheers, Ken

Reply to
Ken Mattsson

Thanks. :o)

Taking pix & playing with html is a whole 'nother hobby all in itself. I carry a camera with me in my field box.

I'm working on a crash award for a fellow who buried his engine up to the backplate. He's getting Impact of the Year. :-O

Thanks. I'm working on a stupid-fast delta wing from Flying Models plans. Stay tuned for an update on the Before 'n' After pages. :o(

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I did it in mud, does that count??.... The motor came up as an unrecognizable glob of dirt... I had to rotate what was left of the fuse in circular fashion to break the suction and get it out..... It will be repaired, I hope, after I finish the current repair job I'm working on..... sigh. . Arne, CT, USA .

Reply to
arnereil

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote

Been there, done that!!

Best as I could tell I think a wire on a battery pack broke. Problem was, it was during a loop, 3/4ths done, wide open throttle, a .40 engine on a standard combat gremlin. Fortunately, it had recently rained. Some JB weld for the carb mount, and it is still flying today. Way to go Fox!!!

Reply to
Morgans

Yes, it does, although it won't rate as highly on the Wrecked'er Scale as an equally deep dive into hardpan.

We rate excavations by the number of hands and tools required to free the remnants from the dirt. Sounds like yours was definitely a four-handed figler.

Good for you!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ