Dymond web-site severly broken?

They probably shouldn't deny a problem. I just navigated every page on the site and it worked fine in IE. However, it collapses in Mozilla and Firefox. They probably used IE specific Java programming.

Not cool.

Reply to
Dave Thompson

That's what I had assumed, but it seems to work in Konqueror. So it's not IE specific, but it is broken.

I admit that Firefox/Mozilla devotees are a small minority of the general population. However, we're a pretty sizable minority (perhaps even a majority) of the geek population. I've seen stats from some of the geekier web sites showing Firefox has a higher share of their audience than IE. Those weren't even Linux-centric sites.

I would also think that the demographics of electric RC fliers buying higher-end chargers would be pretty geekish. That would seem to mean that Dymond is thumbing their nose at a sizable portion of their market.

The sad thing is that it's not really that hard to build an attractive, usable, multi-browser accessible web site. So many people seem to go to a lot of extra work just to end up with something ugly, broken, _and_ hard to use.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

SNIP

Nah, you missed the real problem. Getting a website developer who knows what he is doing costs. The choice is simple, keep costs low on sales, or add to them the expense of a professional development task.

You are educated in the field, they are into electric flight. If you have ever spoken with Helmut, you understand the vast difference between tweets and nerds.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On 2005-02-10, Six_O'Clock_High > minority (perhaps even a majority) of the geek population. I've

My point it costs _more_ in development costs to use javascript and popup menues to create a broken website than it does to use nice simple static links to create one that works. People are spending _extra_ time and money and getting worse results than if they had done something cheap and simple.

Perhaps.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Lessee, that's Mozilla-Firefox, isn't it? Anyhoo, I'm running Netscape 7.x which uses the Mozilla as the core of the browser. I have no prob getting on

and navigating the site. Haven't tried Firefox. I'm running Win Me so I have IE. If I couldn't get on the Dymond site with Firefox, I'd crank up IE. Er, if it was that big a deal to me. I also have run Netscape with Linux Mandrake. That works OK too.

CR

Grant Edwards wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

ALL,

I was curious enough to download Mozilla-Firefox, install it and use it to view and navigate the Dymond website. No problems in viewibng the site.

Cheers,

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

In news: snipped-for-privacy@ktc.com, Charles & Peggy Robinson pecked:

Funny that. I went back just now with Firefox and, Voila! It suddenly is working with Firefox. No matter. At least they heard someone and got it fixed. It was probably a minor Java issue.

Reply to
Dave Thompson

| Funny that. I went back just now with Firefox and, Voila! It suddenly is | working with Firefox. No matter. At least they heard someone and got it | fixed.

Yup. It now works with Mozilla. Obviously they finally got a clue and got it fixed.

| It was probably a minor Java issue.

Javascript, maybe. Java has nothing to do with Javascript.

(And the site is not using Java, at least not on the front page, not in a way that's required.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Yep, works for me too now. Good to know someone there is in listening mode.

Reply to
Boo

Hi Sid, I navigated the Dymond site without a single 404. I use Firefox and Thunderbird. I do have a dymond charger(no lipo) and I must say it does have one problem I dont like . The pushbutton switches dont always work. I think the contacts corrode very easily. Otherwise I like it very much. Jim

Reply to
jim breeyear