Elec. and Nitro

I have just bought the Alpha Trainer from Hangar9. My question is can I use the transmitter on an eletric park flyer. I am looking at an EP that I can put in the servos and controll it with the same transmitter. Is it possible to control two seperate planes with one transmitter? Not at the same time of course. I just want to be able to go outside and fly the EP without having to go to the RC field.

Thanks

Reply to
John Koch

| I have just bought the Alpha Trainer from Hangar9. My question is | can I use the transmitter on an eletric park flyer. I am looking at | an EP that I can put in the servos and controll it with the same | transmitter.

Yes, you can use the same transmitter. I don't know what transmitter comes with the Alpha Trainer, but I'm guessing it's not a computer radio, so it won't do any mixing and you may have to reconfigure it every time you change planes, but it's doable. This reconfiguration should only take a few seconds -- just don't forget to do it when you switch planes :)

However, removing the radio gear from the Alpha is not a good plan, as it takes a few hours to swap a full set from plane to plane, and it's easy to make mistakes or damage something. And it's also standard sized stuff, and probably way too big for a park flier.

Plan on buying a new micro receiver for your park flier ($50-$60 or so for a FMA Direct M5 or Berg) and some number (2-4 usually) of servos at about $15-$30 each, depending on just how small they have to be. (The servos in the Alpha are larger, and can be replaced with similar quality Hitec standard servos for about $9 each. Yes, larger = cheaper in this case.)

| Is it possible to control two seperate planes with one transmitter? | Not at the same time of course.

I have heard of a guy who flew two slope planes from one controller at the same time, one on each stick. Would be easy to set up, but I don't think I have the multitasking prowess to pull it off :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Yes you can. However, you may find the "standard" size flight pack equipment to be too heavy for your EP. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver