Electric motor shaft-clampy thing

Where can I buy the piece that clamps onto the motor shaft to allow you do attach gears, propellers, and the like? I don't know quite how to explain it. Just the bit that interfaces the bare motor shaft to the rest of the drivetrain.

Thanks!

Reply to
rockgardenlove

Go to

and enter 'prop adapter' in the 'search' window. This is only a start.

You might have to 'grind' a flat on the motor shaft and use a gear with a set screw and thread-lock.

Earl of Troy OH My website:

Earl Scherzinger

Prop adapter! Perfect. Thanks a bunch. Do you maybe know of a cheaper place to get them though? I'm not actually building any RC planes, I'm using them to connect motors to a force feedback system in a flight simulator. The price of those guys is a bit high for me because I'll need quite a few. Is there a more generic name that they go under?

Thanks!

Reply to
rockgardenlove

In your case you would be better off grinding a flat on the shafts and use gears with set-screws and then use thread-lock.

Good luck!

Earl of Troy OH My R/C plane website: http://rcobsessi>> Go to

enter 'prop adapter' in the 'search'

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

Would you possibly know where to find these gears? I've been hunting the internet for a bit now and nothing really is popping up...a source if you have one offhand would be fantastic. Btw, cool site. Those are some amazing planes on there. I'd be too terrified to actually fly 'em. That's probably just because I've never landed my RC plane yet. I crash every time. Actual flight duration varies, but always ends in a crash. I've got a little foam RC-trainer Piper Cub. Loads of fun, but best of all, seemingly unbreakable. Except for the props, that is.

Thanks!

Reply to
rockgardenlove

wrote

Have you not tried to find a real RC club, or an individual RC pilot, to help teach you?

It really helps, and a club makes the hobby all that much more fun.

Where are you located?

Reply to
Morgans

I live in Portland, Oregon, but my I fly my plane in Basel, Switzerland. I'm only there for around a month a year too, but thanks for your consideration. :-) Cheers!

Reply to
rockgardenlove

Try looking at

for some ideas, the maybe you can find a deal on ebay. In addition, you can find all kinds of nylon gears at this site
. and
has all sorts of things that might be useful to you. Hope this helps.

Reply to
BCRandy