Electric Plane Components

I am planning to refit an older electric plane with a new motor,
battery and speed control. Is there a web site or someone to call to
get the right components for the plane I want to fit it with? Any
help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply to
RanHam
Randy,
For starters, try these websites.
You can also call Tower Hobbies for assistance. 1-800-637-6050 They will give you their website for selecting the right electric power system for your plane.
Good luck!
Earl Of Troy OH AMA 40329 Website: http://rcobsessi> I am planning to refit an older electric plane with a new motor,
Reply to
Earl Scherzinger
Actually, don't.
Go to
register, and ask there, in the power forum, giving all details, and loads of people who are NOT trying to sell product will chip in and tell you what's what.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Make that
and I'll agree with TNP.
Abel
Reply to
Abel Pranger
Bugger. I originally wrote that as rcgropus, then edited it..and STILL got it wrong.
Thanks for the correction
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Abel & The Philosopher,
Read carefully! I was not trying to sell Randy anything. I said, "For Starters"! This was to give him a broad idea of what is there to pick from AND he can get straight info from the distributor, IF he wanted to purchase from them.
Reply to
Earl Scherzinger
I never imagined *you* were, but THEY are!!!
Its a bit like saying 'I fancy a high, what should I do'
and you saying 'talk to the nearest pusher'
:-)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Thanks to everyone for your help. I'm registered with RCGroups, but didnt think about the forums. I actually tried to call Hobby Lobby (before posting here) and was put on hold 4 times. Never did talk to anyone except the receptionist in cust service. Anyway, I appreciate your help!
Randy
Reply to
RanHam
If you want to call a hobby shop, try Tower - they have been helpful when I have called, even thought I wasn't buying.
Reply to
BCRandy
If you want GOOD and true advice, contact Richard Girardo at Vision Hobbies. He's a pro. You can see the videos of planes he has built and flow on his website at

Jim
The Hobby Lobby catalog has some pretty good suggestions. Just look for a plane that is approximately the same as what you have and they usually recommend the battery/ESC/motor combination. I found the one they recommended for their Telemaster Electro to be perfect.
Reply to
Red Scholefield
I have to second the motion to contact Hobby Lobby! Not only will you find their catalog
very informative, but if you can't find the info you are seeking, talk to one of their E-experts and you will get an honest answer with good suggestions.
Cheers -- Lyman Slack
Reply to
Lyman Slack