Engine won't start after sitting for three years

I have a Thunder Tiger Pro .46 engine and about three years ago I
broke in the engine and it ran perfect, started after about four kicks
of the chicken stick. Anyhow, I let my model sit that time and when I
tried to start it this time it took about 20 min. of fiddling before I
finally got it to start. I ran a tank of fuel through it and tried to
start it again but it still took ALOT of fiddling and tries to get it
started again. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you
very much.
Craig
Reply to
craigw85
Off the top of my head, gummed up needle valves and/or glowplug.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
Three years, huh? Take the engine apart completely. Soak the parts in fresh fuel and scrub with a toothbrush to remove old fuel residue. Be sure both needle valve seats are free of blockage. Install a new glow plug. Readjust both valves and it should run.
Keep us posted.
Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Reply to
Dr1Driver
Try a new glo-plug. OS#8. Also make sure that your glo-plug battery is putting out a full charge. If that doesn't work then you might try taking it apart and cleaning it but I doubt that is going to make any difference 'cause you say that it ran fine once you got it started. You should do all this on the bench and that will eliminate any glitches in the A/C fuel plumbing. At any rate, once you get a little fuel on the top of the cylinder (even by pulling the plug and squirting a bit it) you should get a real kick when you try turning the prop with a chicken stick. That is a pretty good indication that the plug and battery are good. Gord Schindler MAAC6694
Reply to
Gord Schindler
Also take apart the tank and replace the klunk tube along with the other silicone tubing. Check the brass lines for cracks and make sure the fuel tank plug has not dried up and cracked, allowing in air.
Reply to
mike tully
You didn;t mention the fuel. Was that 3 years old too?
craigw85 wrote:
Reply to
The Observer