FA: Four-Stroke Feeler Gauge Sets

Thanx for looking.

DougSter

Reply to
DougSter

Stihl's four stroke weed trimmers come with a .1mm (.004") feeler gauge that's cut down just right for model engines. Check with your local dealer, since they may have some lying around that customers left behind.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

That would take care of a gauge to check the "too loose" condition, but you'd still need the other feeler to check the "too tight" condition.

Even if the Stihl dealer gave you the thick feeler for free, your cost of aquisition (gas & time) would likely be significantly greater than $1.00.

DougSter

Reply to
DougSter

Why not just buy a cheapie automotive feeler gauge and remove the appropriate leafs for your use?

DougSter wrote:

Reply to
pcoopy

That's another perfectly good solution, if you already have a cheapie set of automotive type, and it includes the thinner gauge (0.0015"). I had one set that did, and another that didn't.

My offer is aimed at those folks disinclined to have feeler gauges on-hand, and now need some for their four-stroke engines.

DougSter

Reply to
DougSter

I got my gauges from DougSter today.

There is no easier way to get a better tool for the job: PayPal two bucks to him and get them in the mail a few days later.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Buy one set on eBay and I'll ship two sets, up to 19 sets. No more after eBay 'available' count goes to 20.

I'll lose even more money, but I don't need the little buggers. If they don't sell then I'll have to bequeath them to my heirs.

DougSter

Reply to
DougSter

In case any of you four-stroke users out there are wondering, this is a good deal. I just finished using my set to adjust the clearances on my Magnum XL

52RFS.

For those of you that may remember the thread that included people ribbing me about my messy workshop, you'll understand why I thought it was easier to PayPal Doug two bucks and get a set of feeler gauges in the mail rather than try to find the little Saito gauge I have somewhere in my work area.... :-)

Now that the price includes two sets of the gauges, I think it's a no-brainer for two bucks.

And no, I'm not Doug's brother-in-law, cousin, nephew, etc.. Just a happy customer.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

desmobob, I remember seeing your shop and may have mentioned it. I was looking for CA hinges today and I KNOW they exist but.................. So I appologize. Now maybe I can find those hinges. :) mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Ok, you convinced me that I will need these when I crank up the four-strokes (sometime next year, probably), so I just ordered a set. Ever thought about selling cars or insurance?

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

I'd mail you some if I could find mine..... ;-)

Good luck in your search, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob