FS: RC Simulator Interfaces $16.00

Hello everyone in cyberland. If you enjoy flying R/C planes and/or Helis or just want to learn to fly them you should invest in a simulator to train on. You should not however spend more than the cost of a brand new plane/engine combo for the complete setup. That is why I am offering to sell you an interface to connect your OWN radio (not some plastic joystick) to your computer and fly RC planes on your computer. You get a free copy of a simulator on CD that rivals many of the expensive programs available commercially. If you would like more information or to place an order and start improving those rc skills visit my website.

thanks matt

Reply to
Buckeyes1997

It works well even of XP boxes. I got a couple, one for my kid and one for a friend who is laid up in a VA hospital.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Your link doesn't work, anyway get the Great Planes Real Flight and enjoy!!!!

Reply to
Kajman

oops bad link. should be

i dont want to start a flame war but realflight cost as much as a nice plane with complete radio setup. i personally would rather have a cheap DECENT sim and a nice plane for my money.

thanks six0clock matt

Reply to
Buckeyes1997

Link address is missing a "dot". Try this one:

aeropal

| It works well even of XP boxes. I got a couple, one for my kid and | one for a friend who is laid up in a VA hospital.

I'm skepitcal. Upon seeing a picture of it, it's a parallel port interface, which is exactly what is known not to work with XP. His site even says so --

The parallel cable will ONLY work with windows 95/98/ME.. Instead of the parallel port connector you can also have the Windows 95/98/ME cable made with a serial connection but the serial cable version requires the newer serial port chip on the motherboard (166550A uart).

... though perhaps the serial port version would work with XP.

I'm especially amused by this comment under the picture --

(*actual cable may look different* I reserve the right to deny sales to anyone for any reason. These cables are NOT for resale anyone caught distributing my cables will face legal action.)

As if he gets to decide what happens to his cables after he sells them. I'd like to see what sort of legal action he has in mind ...

Note that these cables are really quite easy to make. Here's some nice instructions --

Personally, if you want to buy something, I'd suggest paying some extra and getting a USB adapter, like this guy sells --

(That's just an example -- it's not the only source for something like that.) It'll make your transmitter look like a joystick to your computer, allowing you to use it with any program that uses a joystick, not just FMS. So you can use it with the Slope Soaring Simulator, with MS Flight Simulator, with anything you want.

It'll also provide power to your buddy box, something the parallel port version will not. Without power, you'll need to turn your transmitter on, which means it'll be transmitting unless you remove the crystal.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

FYI- I purchased one of Matt's cables a year or so back and it works fine with XP. I do believe the XP cable used to cost a couple bucks more though. Mike Bealmear

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

Doug, I hate to say this, but you are not exactly correct in all your assumptions and statements. XP does require a special driver, which is supplied if you pay a few ($3 I think) extra for it. It does work on an XP Pro box, however you are right the power switch to the 'transmitter' must be "on" and the battery hot.

back!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

hmmm....guess you spoke too soon there sir. my setup works just fine on XP. and yes you can possibly find plans to build one online but by the time you order the parts that radio shack doesnt carry you will be getting pretty close to what i charge. and if someone really wanted it i can power the buddy box from a parallel interface, its not a big problem.

anyway have a great day everyone and if you need more information please feel free to contact me. matt

Reply to
Buckeyes1997

I agree with Mike. Matt supplies a very fine product

-- Viper Pilo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Viper Pilot's Profile:

this thread:

Viper Pilot

| hmmm....guess you spoke too soon there sir. my setup works just | fine on XP.

Then perhaps you should update your web site there, sir.

The parallel cable will ONLY work with windows 95/98/ME.. Instead of the parallel port connector you can also have the Windows 95/98/ME cable made with a serial connection but the serial cable version ...

Your words, not mine.

I now see that you've got a scroller that suggests that an XP version is available, but do you really expect somebody to wait long enough to see what the entire scroller says?

You might want to rethink the address used the scroller, snipped-for-privacy@osu.edu. Most universities frown on commercial use of their computing faculties (unless they get a cut, of course.)

And Six O'Clock High says you need to pay extra for a driver to support XP?

| and yes you can possibly find plans to build one online but by the time you | order the parts that radio shack doesnt carry you will be getting pretty | close to what i charge.

It's only a few bucks worth of stuff. And they usually have it in the store -- no ordering needed. Of course, if somebody is afraid of soldering, $16 isn't too expensive.

| and if someone really wanted it i can power the buddy box from a | parallel interface

You make it sound like it's an unusual request ...

| its not a big problem.

I'm sure it's not, but you don't do it by default, and people won't know to ask if they don't know about it. Perhaps you should just go ahead and add that wire ...