Futaba FP-129-DP

This receiver Futaba FP-129-DP appears more often on eBay than other Futaba PCM models and maybe more than PPM models.

Since I have two of them and am getting ready to use them, are there any quirks or problems I should know about before I use them in a plane?

Thanks,

Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email

Reply to
Dan Thompson

I have collected over 20 of them the last few years. All have performed without absolute reliability. With the exception of 2, all were purchased new. For the last 2 1/2 years they have all flown on a 9Z WCII transmitter using the synthetic frequency module. The Futaba factory supported flyers considered them the most reliable receivers in the line. The R-149 DP has also proven to be as reliable. If they have not been damaged, they are one of the best PCM receivers out there.

Reply to
Dersu u

Absolutely horrible receiver. Guaranteed to make your hair fall out and your dog run away from home. Better let me take them off your hands. I'll give you $5.00 each for them, out of the goodness of my heart. ;>) Not going to bite on that? Hrumph! They are FINE units. I have seven that I use with a Super 8 and a 9ZWCII. I bought four of them used in one lot, sent the in to Futaba and they replaced a bunch of filters at no charge (They wrote "Warranty" on the invoice.) Use without reservation. Bill

Reply to
me