Goldberg Sukhoi 1.2 ARF...Any Good?

I like the look of this ARF (in pictures that is) but I notice that
this ARF is the about the cost as the GP 1/4 size Extra. Is the
Goldberg ARF that good that it's a little pricey?
Also, is an OS 91FX enough engine and what are its flying
charateristics, slow flight, aerobatics etc?
Reply to
Mike
I guy at our club has one of these and it seems to fly really, and I mean REALLY good. He hasn't let me fly it yet so I don't know hands-on but the first thing I noticed is it does not have the freaky tip stall like most smaller Sukhoi's do, it stalls straight ahead.....and comes to a complete stop when it does. Also, his has very little to zero pitch/roll coupling in knife-edge which amazed me to see. It rolls, spins, and snap rolls nicely....all to my amazement. He doesn't do 3D but he has stopped it in a hover a few times and immediately pulled out vertically to show us the climb out power (when we beg him to) and it pulls very very good out of a hover. He is using an OS 160FX on a Slimline Pitts muffler.......and not sure, but I think a 16x8 APC prop, definitely is APC but not sure the size. In short......I would DEFINITELY get one if you are interested.
Brad
Reply to
Brad Lorance
ARF is the about the cost as the GP 1/4 size Extra. Is the Goldberg ARF that good that it's a little pricey?
Also, is an OS 91FX enough engine and what are its flying
I built the CG Sukhoi a few years back and just loved the plane. It is a very true flying aircraft. I had a Satio 150 with a 17/8 prop, at 12 pounds it would hover at half stick and simply pull away. The only point about it`s flying ability that I will make is, watch any dead sticks with it. That big cowl up front will catch a lot of air, so watch your airspeed. I have never heard anything about the ARF and have not seen any (though I have been out of the game for a short period here). Mine is on page 2 of my site. rick markel
My Model Aircraft Home Page

Aileron37
sorry.......I meant he is using an 18x6.......not 16x8.....duh
Brad
Reply to
Brad Lorance