Good second plane

Actually, he did by enlightening you on the meaning of "final selection" in the context of purchasing a second plane. He also gave the OP some more information. You still haven't posted anything to actually answer the OP's question.

Reply to
hdykbis

In my neck of the woods, the trike gear, World Models T-34 is a popula

second airplane. Docile, yet capable of pattern type aerobatics strong and a ball to land. Can be brought in hot for the trill, slowl if you want, or just on the mains for a change of pace

-- sfsjki

----------------------------------------------------------------------- sfsjkid's Profile:

this thread:

sfsjkid

I would have suggested that one but I got the impression that he wanted to build a kit instead of an ARF. The WM T34 is an excellent low wing trainer, I had a ball with mine before I finally had to retire it. My father has been flying a Sig LT 40 around for a while and finally got bored with it. My suggestion was to bump up the throws on it which are still set at recommended rates. He has a Big Stik tho, that has been sitting around for a while that has one of those Co-Pilots on it and he finally dug it out and has been flying it. Faster than the LT and more manuverable so he is having fun with it. Might be a good second plane although it is not a low wing and is trike geared. The options are limitless really.

On a side note, I am wondering what happened to this NG's sense of humor...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

nit pick nit pick.

there are many choices that can be made,,

I did not realize you or anyone was moderating this list.

I was only kidding and sorry you all took it so seriously.

Reply to
tailfeathers

Yes the humor seems to have been shot down..

Reply to
tailfeathers

I'll second the WM T-34. My brother has one and its a blast to fly. He has to let me fly it since I put it together for him. We have a TT .46 on it with a tower muffler. It is very stable yet aerobatic if you want. Easy to takeoff fly and land. With the excellent simulators out there I would recomend this as a trainer over a high wing with a flat bottom. I've seen too many guys get bored with their high wing trainer too soon. A plane like the T-34 would be able to take you further up the learning curve and you wouldn't have to figure out what to get for a second plane so soon :-)

View this thread:

kodi946

Reply to
jim breeyear

Is that your final answer?

The only final selection truly comes when the CCs are maxed out. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Fixed income? Bag groceries, maybe? There's always a way.

Reply to
Boat

But when you make a few payments, yet another selection can be made!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Not if you still have checks!

Reply to
C G

remind us not to take a check from you ;-)

Reply to
tailfeathers

Reply to
Brad

did this guy buy you a new plane? or at least offer to?

Reply to
tailfeathers

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
C G

The chances are pretty high, considering that when I go R/C car racing it's very likely someone will have the same frequency as mine.

I don't mean to preach but standard practice at ANY field where multiple people show up is to check what frequencies they are on.

Mind you, I did this a few weekend ago and it still didn't stop someone from starting up on my frequency. Luckily, it was cars and not aircraft so, once I became aware of the problem I hit the brakes and solved the problem.

Reply to
The Raven

It's happened to me once, but in a very odd way. I had bought 2 identical radios at the same time. In the shop, I managed to switch the frequency flags without realizing it. I caught the error only when I turned on my radio and another plane in the pits responded along with my plane. WHEW! I'm glad the other plane wasn't in the air at the time.

If your field does not have a frequency control board, check the other pilots' frequencies. Before you turn on your radio, let them know, "I'm turning on Channel (fill in your number)."

Moral of the story: Check EVERYTHING twice. Shoot down none. You may be flying with just one other pilot, but that's all it takes.