HANGAR9 cherokee..

Hey all.. Has anybody flown/built this plane? I'm going to start building this ARF this week so i'm wondering what i'm in for NOW and AFTER it's built thanks. Gig snipped-for-privacy@i-2000.com

Reply to
GaijinGig

Friend of mine has built two for one customer, and a third for another. The first one crashed when the guy tried to fly it without waiting for his instructor. He wasn't ready to come off his trainer yet. The second one went in when someone else turned on his radio on the same frequency--the owner of the Cherokee didn't pull the pin, or ask who had it. The third one, belonging to the second customer, is currently for sale--he's got "wimmen problems"...

First one had a OS .70FS Surpass II. Second flew great with a .46FX. Third one also has a Surpass .70 in it. That plane flies _sweet_ with that engine. Very capable airplane, good aerobatic trainer, excellent first low-wing airplane.

hth

J.D. to e-mail, pull the post

Reply to
J.D.

I have one with an OS .52 4-stroke. It flies great with that engine. After a while, the covering on the wing decided it did not want to stay on anymore. I fixed it by recovering the wing with monocote style iron on covering. The plane handles so nice that, I can do rolling circles with it all day. It's a lot of fun to fly.

Reply to
Rob Plourde Jr.

Reply to
GaijinGig