Hitech Optic 6 tranny

Hi all,

Just got this radio for Christmas. It's my first computer radio and the manual looks daunting. Anybody out there have this radio? I would like some feedback about what you think of this particular radio.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Earle

Darren- Very nice - somebody likes you a lot. Having set up my Prism 7 before messing around with a newbie's Optic

6, I admittedly had a head start on you, but I found the programming pretty straightforward. My intention was to set in some aileron differential and limit control throws in his new Great Planes DC-3 prior to first flight, and the interface was intuitive enough that I was able to manage it sans the manual. From the prior experience with the Prism 7, I'd suggest following the manual like a cookbook at least for the first setup. The Hitec manuals are reasonably well organized, starting with setting mode to ACRO, Heli or glider, and modulation shift to match your Rx. After setting mode, proceed to the applicable section and follow the example setup step by step. You'll soon be in sync with the logical flow of it. I found it much more straightforward and better documented than programming for my JR 8103. Opinion of the Optic 6: one of the best bargains out there today. Little reason for anybody to settle for a basic non-programmable 6 channel radio any more. Fact is, had it been in the marketplace before I bought the Prism 7, I would have bought it instead. Unless you really need more than 6 channels, and few of us do, it's a fine choice.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Reply to
jim breeyear

I guess we all learn something new each day. Do you have any thoughts on this particular radio? Thanks

Reply to
Darren Earle