Keep RC plans affordable

You bought plans? <g>
I guess that makes me cheaper than you. I made my own plans by approximating what was in RC Modeler, and improved on it until I was happy with it.
Oh, and I used .40's on mine. Goes like a bat out of hell!
--
Jim in NC

Yep. One for me, seven or eight to resell to others with cores and short kits. :-P

I've stuck with a .32 and a .36.
A few folks went with .40s or .46s. They didn't do a lot better in combat than I did, by and large.
                Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Speaking of their (lack of) ethics, eBay was recently charged with multiple counts of Ticket Scalping. They certainly are in the *anything for a buck* business. They owned the company that was scalping the tickets through eBay.

----------
I have never understood the concept of ticket scalping.
If someone buys something for one price and then sells it for a higher price, that is capitalism. Same as what some folks call ticket scalping.
How difficult would it be for a state legislature to pass a law saying that no more than so & so tickets can be sold to a given business entity or individual at one time? Piece of cake.
It's okay for speculators to drive the price of oil out of sight and make the common man suffer. But it is considered scalping when someone deprives an upper middle class individual from buying a cheap ticket to a football game? I don't get it.
Ed Cregger
On 1/17/08 7:12 AM, in article 9fKjj.55179$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net,

Let's see......... You feel it's good American capitalism to conspire with the ticket issuer to take almost all the tickets for popular events leaving essentially none for local outlets, raise the price, and sell them on eBay.
You don't think this makes the "common man suffer" more than if the scalping did not occur?
Strange attitude. You hold how many eBay shares?
Don Bowey wrote:

Well how is that different from buying all the oil in Saudi, and leaving none for the rest of the world, and selling it on at high prices?

Arguably the common man suffers whenever businesses get to a size that allows them some sort of de facto monopoly.
Capitalism isn't perfect, and more enlightened countries moderate it with some sort of consumer (or other) legislation.
So called ticket scalping is no different from any distributor buying in bulk and marking up to whatever price the market will stand.
We have a saying here, about low cost or free medical care "when you pay, what you get is dictated by the size of your wallet, when its cheap, what you get is dictated by the length of the queue"
With ticket scalping, you have a situation where tickets are being sold well below the market rate.
Which represents a loss for those issuing them. A sensible approach would be to sell tickets either by (Dutch?) auction in the first place, or by incremental cost. Those at the front of the queue pay little, those at the back a lot more.

On 1/17/08 10:08 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@despina.uk.clara.net, "The

Where did you get that erroneous idea? Scalpers sell well above the original ticket price.

Ridiculous! They do not discount them to the scalper.

Or better yet, just let the local, established ticket outlets sell them.
I forgot to mention that scalping is against the law in many states, including Oregon where the laswsuit against eBay was filed.

?? If we have to explain it...

Precisely.
On 1/17/08 7:58 PM, in article guVjj.40105$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net, "MikeWhy"

What does that mindless statement mean?

Do keep up, Mr. Bowey. See below.

Don Bowey wrote:

What he means is that the face value is well below the market rate.
On 1/17/08 8:19 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, "Robert

That rather depends on how many get sold at the scalper's price.
Don Bowey wrote:

No. The market value is whatever you can sell it for. Period.
Not all tickets have the same market value.
Don Bowey wrote:

You miss the point. They COULD have sold them higher. So its their loss, the scalper and the customers gain.

I am sure it is. So are monopolies and graft.
However its always hard to say when a company is a de facto monopoly, acting in a cartel, or paying a Saudi prince a million bucks of 'commission' to act as 'agent' when selling tanks, is a bribe, corruption, or just 'sound normal business practice'.
On 1/18/08 3:49 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@iris.uk.clara.net, "The

Fluff. It makes no point about scalping. But you knew that.
Don Bowey wrote:

It does, if you have a little imnagination.
Scalping is OK when its USA inc, that does it, almost OK when its Big Oil, OIr Halliburins, Or Boeing, or Arthur Andersen & friends.. but let some poor sod queue up for hours to make a profit?
No.
On 1/18/08 10:35 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@demeter.uk.clara.net, "The

Yep!
Fluff.
Get real. Since when is eBay's scalping subsidiary a poor sod?

There is nothing specifically American about capitalism. And selling things at the highest market price attainable is exactly how capitalism is supposed to work. Entrepreneur is French for middle man, or more exactly "between taker" after all.
The problem with Yanks is they only like capitalism (or any other principle) when it is in their direct self-interest. When China (say) manages to make products cheaper than American firms by the logical expedient of charging less for their labour, then the typical American "believer in capitalism and free enterprise" runs crying to mommy. "Unfair competition", "slave labour" etc etc being the cry.

Well as a good upholder of the merits of free enterprise and self-sufficiency I am prepared to bet that Ed's pension scheme holds shares in plenty of firms that exist to make money, whether eBay is amonst them or not is entirely beside the point.
Of course expecting an American to stand by any principle except "me first and fuck you" is a lot to hope for, so I don't suppose Ed will support anything I have said here.
Your very affectionate cousin,
--
Boo

--------------
You Europeans always have to get a shot in at the Americans, don't you?
I never hear we Americans talking amongst ourselves badly about the Brits, Germans, French, Dutch, etc. I wonder why that is?
Now that that is off my chest. I don't hate anyone because of where they are from. Plus, anyone that likes model airplanes is okay with me, as long as you don't want to cut our heads off. Is that too much to ask? <G>
Ed Cregger
ecregger wrote:

whingeing Limeys?

Cabbage eaters?
French,
Cheese Eating surrender Monkeys? Dutch,
I doubt many Americans know what country the Dutch live in. In fact most don't know where Des Moines is. Let alone Europe..
>etc. I wonder why that is?
General insularity and ignorance. When its true, which it isn't generally.