Kinda OT - but freakin' amazing!

Totally office & kiddy safe link. Honest!

/daytripper (RC is for wimps! ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Geez... Definitely office and kiddy safe. Still, geez... Absolutely insane in the membrane.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:30:46 -0800, "Fubar of The HillPeople"

wrote:

This one's a little bit closer to rmrca - he has actual wings and a motor - and seems to be pacing an Extra :-)

This one....not so close ;-)

/daytripper (there's no shortage of insanity in the world ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Why was there no video of a landing??

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor

I saw that second one done on Mythbusters. I think this one has more than a certain amount of fakeness attached. That 1st one tho... "Dear Santa, I have been a really good boy this year."

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

This is another case of 'computer digitized fraud'.

My father taught me to, "Don't believer everything you hear and only half of what you see". This is a prime case of disbelief.

If you have the 'know how', anything can be done on/with a computer. A good example is interaction animated movies.

I would have to see it 'live' with my own eyes, before I believe it.

All too many of those 'spectacularly perfect' photos circulating on the internet are computer generated.

Is this the age of 'make believe'?

EarlOfTroy

Earl Scherzinger

I've heard that Mythbusters on Discovery December 12th show is going to tackle a few more aviation myths: Can a unexperienced person land a 747 - I'm assuming someone will try to talk him down and it'll be someone with no RC, PC simulator, or any other flying experience??? Will an airplane be able to take off on a conveyor belt going the opposite direction? And maybe some skydiving hollywood stuff?

Should be interesting; I'm wondering how they're going to set up the conveyor belt thing!

Reply to
ManhattanMan

Look again, CLOSER,, about 4 seconds from the end of the clip you can see the chutes deploy

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Actually, you are completely wrong about this being "fauxtography".

ABC network news covered this tonight, with their own astounding photography. Pretty damned cool - and quite timely, indeed...

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

and, fwiw:

all kinds of links at the bottom of the page

And there's plenty of video on youtube as well, including this:

The problem with accepting the words of the ancient as gospel for all time is they *know what they know* and not much more....

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

In quatrain 5-97, Nostradamus predicted that on Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:56:56

-0500, in message , daytripper would say:

So, Douglas Adams *was* right. The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss!!

PRose

Reply to
Victoria Heisner

Well, of course. Douglas Adams was *always* right!

Cheers

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper