Lone Star Balsa

Good News!

Lonestar Balsa is back in business. Here is the site:

Red Scholefield

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Dave

Reply to
Whodere

Thanks, Red. Big help.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Are you guys up for walk-in business?

Reply to
cavelamb

Sweet...now all I have to do is scrouge up some plans, finish rebuilding a motorcycle that is quiet literally a basket case (barn fresh to boot) straighten out the garage, add lighting (VERY under lighted).

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

that's the best news I have heard in the last 6 months.

Now,,, where did I put that list of stuff I need??????

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Its true, I paid a visit, they are just getting up and running./ bob

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: lonestar-3.jpg | |Download:
| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
limeybob

"limeybob" wrote

I went to their site, and checked them out, and although they said they still have not gotten all the balsa they want, they look like they have quite a bit.

True story. I went to Ecuador a few years ago, (visiting a former exchange student) and went and spent a week in the rain forest, hiking, and visiting the locals, and all, while spending the nights on a hotel boat.

Our guide was very knowledgeable, and I asked him to point out a balsa tree. When we came upon a nice big one near the trail that we could get up close to, he pointed it out to me.

I went up, and planted a big, big hug on it.

So, I guess you could say I'm a tree hugger, and best of all, a balsa hugger!

Oh, how I wish I had the trunk of that tree, or just a section of it. It was probably a foot and a half in diameter, and really tall. How many planes could you make out of an eight foot section, I wonder? Probably a lifetime supply.

Reply to
Morgans

maybe for you,

I break more than you do ;-(

broke my favorite last , gonna take half a tree to build another, well maybe not that much, but you get the idea

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Reply to
Morgans

the problem isn't how much ends up in the plane, it's what ends up on the floor

Reply to
Bob Cowell